7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

D17A2 build help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2_JDM_AS_FUHH is an unknown quantity at this point
D17A2 build help

im lookin to build my d to 150-175 whp n/a... how would i go about doing this? where should i start?
Old 03-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: D17A2 build help

Originally Posted by EM2_JDM_AS_FUHH
where should i start?
Less asking, more and more reading. start from stickies in the top.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...nduction-swaps

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...nduction-swaps

And no, you cannot put B/H/F engines in your car, but the reading should enlighten you on what is an engine and how they work and how you can make it better.

And i just showed that you need to improve your searching skills in your other thread a few minutes ago.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-30-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Getting to 150whp isn't to hard, getting past that without a turbo is very difficult.

Just to start,
K-pro.
I/H/E.
stage 2 or 3 cams with supporting head mods.
high compression pistons.
Old 03-31-2011
Registered!!

Thanks everybody for the help, and i do read all day lol i have in school detention for 45 days, Sooo i have alot of free time on the computer, but another problem i have is that my civic is a automatic so from what ive gathered k-pro will not work.
Old 03-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Then you need to do an auto-to-manual swap to reach even 150whp, there's no way around that.
Old 03-31-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Then you need to do an auto-to-manual swap to reach even 150whp, there's no way around that.

The stock tranny wont handle that much?
Old 03-31-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

they already get lots of trouble in the D17A1, so would not recommend doing much.
Old 03-31-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
they already get lots of trouble in the D17A1, so would not recommend doing much.
What do you mean?
Old 03-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

A 7g auto transmission not only cannot handle the power you want, but they`re already prone to failure. Aside from that, you get an easy 15whp doing the manual swap.
Old 03-31-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

D17A1 non-vtec - less power, but even with less power, many find it hard to get over 100k miles without starting having slipping issues, that degrade little by little or sudden trans failures.
Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
A 7g auto transmission not only cannot handle the power you want, but they`re already prone to failure. Aside from that, you get an easy 15whp doing the manual swap.
So what trans should i get? whats the best i could get that bolts up?
Old 04-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

You need to swap it to a manual, thats your only option.
Old 04-07-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Your desire for 45HP has already reached the 3000+ dollar mark.