7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cracked bumper. Should I get it replaced for repaired?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vi3tx13oy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cracked bumper. Should I get it replaced for repaired?

Hey this morning i bumped into this guy. it was very minor. his rear bumper didn't have anything (phew) but mine did unfortunately. Whats should i do? i want to fix it asap but i want to know whats the cheapest way. i was thinking of getting a brand new bumper and installing it myself so i called a local honda dealership and the told 330$CAD tax not included and its primer black color. if i get a new bumper, where can i get one for cheap. or does repairing it cost cheaper? here are some pics

Name:  IMG_0049.jpg
Views: 3866
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0048.jpg
Views: 3310
Size:  101.5 KB

Last edited by vi3tx13oy; 03-16-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cracked bumper. Should I get it replaced for repaired?

that cant really be repaired properly. i would look for another already painted used bumper and swap it in. they are easy to change.
Old 03-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you can get cheap bumpers on ebay but there not painted you can also contact www.certifit.com for a un-painted one for around 50 dollars. you can also search junk yards for used hopefully painted ones. if you buy a un-painted version you can have it painted for around $100-$150 dollars then install it yourself its very very easy to do you can find DiYs on this forum and other honda forums.

Last edited by lowlife9; 03-15-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can physically seperate the pieces with a gap in the middle than it is FUBAR. Plus that area is hard to to work with. All of the curves make it harder to repair except for scuffs/scratches.
Old 03-15-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item19c1a0175e

These guys are an actual salvage yard: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item4aa96b563d

Nationwide salvage listings: http://www.car-part.com/ Look under "bumper front" and "bumper front assembly".

BTW: Anybody seen this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...item4154a6b933 It looks like a version of the lip made of landscape border.
Old 03-15-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I'll throw in a vote for ebay or junkyard. I got a clean, like new replacement OEM bumper from eBay for 170 bucks. Only thing I need are new clips.
Old 03-15-2011
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

i hit a possum and cracked my front bumper and thought about fixing it but realized it wasnt that bad and seeing how i go to texas state and all the roads suck so i figured it would happen again and its not worth the money. so if you can live with it and its not that noticeable dont change it.
Old 03-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i hit a truck tire and split the lower part of the bumper, luckily a lip kit covered it all up nicely
Old 03-15-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 2005civiclx
i hit a possum and cracked my front bumper and thought about fixing it but realized it wasnt that bad and seeing how i go to texas state and all the roads suck so i figured it would happen again and its not worth the money. so if you can live with it and its not that noticeable dont change it.
I feel ya bro. TX roads suck!
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

@gearbox. yea thats probably the route im gonna go instead of getting a new bumper but with texas roads we'll see how long the lip lasts lol

@lazlong. yep some of the worst roads out there bro, the entire bottom of my bumper is black cause ive scratched all of the paint off so its just plastic now lol but its not noticeable you have to physically get down and look under the bumper to see it.
Old 03-16-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

It doesn't look like TOO bad damage. If youre willing to live with it, drill some small holes and zip tie the sucker together so it doesn't flap around. It's a really easy fix and isn't TOO noticeable if done well. You can keep it like that till you have enough money to get a new one if youre strapped for cash right now.
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I bought my car last week with a cracked bumper. I zip tied it together last night and it's not noticeable unless you're up close. The crack wasn't a hairline either. I'm planning to replace the bumper come summer though, this is a good thread for me though thanks, i'm checking ebay right now for bumpers. As for your situation, the crack isn't that bad and it would be kind of hard to zip tie it together ... like everyone else said if you can live with it do it, if a cracked bumper bothers you like it does me then replace it.
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

vi3tx13oy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
I bought my car last week with a cracked bumper. I zip tied it together last night and it's not noticeable unless you're up close. The crack wasn't a hairline either. I'm planning to replace the bumper come summer though, this is a good thread for me though thanks, i'm checking ebay right now for bumpers. As for your situation, the crack isn't that bad and it would be kind of hard to zip tie it together ... like everyone else said if you can live with it do it, if a cracked bumper bothers you like it does me then replace it.
yeah your right. it isn't that noticeable when you look from far but still, it bothers my eye. i guess im just ganna have to live with it for a while cuz im really low on money. but for sure its ganna get fixed or replaced this summer. im just looking for a cheap way do fix/replace this so i can save up for this upcoming summer.
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by vi3tx13oy
im just looking for a cheap way do fix/replace this so i can save up for this upcoming summer.
Hell, just hot glue and duct tape it for now. I bet you have at least one of them lying around the house.

edit: I meant glue the cracks and tape the back, no smartazz remarks. lol.
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I got weed-eater wire holding my splash shield together. It theres a will theres a way. I cant ever find a tan bumper on ebay. Most common color is silver and, ugh..primer.