7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Look what I saw in Pick and Pull today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Look what I saw in Pick and Pull today!

Q: How do you know you drive an old car? A: When it starts showing up at P&P. It's officially boys and girls, our gen is old. At least we can start getting parts dirt cheap. Now on to the car:

Appears that the person who drove it had the spare on the front right. I suspect that's the cause of the wreck. No badges but, appears to be an LX or DX.
Name:  100_0460.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  192.3 KB
Name:  100_0461.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  133.4 KB
Name:  100_0456.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  118.4 KB
Name:  100_0457.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  133.8 KB
Name:  100_0458.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  71.3 KB
Name:  100_0459.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  146.5 KB

I checked the online inventory for all the P&P and they are slowly starting to appear in the yards. Right now there's about 10 total in all the P&P yards nationwide (including Canada). You can search by zip here: http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx
Old 03-10-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Look what I saw in Pick and Pull today!

passenger air bag sensor was working, it seems (if there was only the driver there )
Old 03-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Thats an 04/05 so I'm really surprised thats at the cheap yard.
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

^ Yep, '05 standard.
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet dude I live in SA. That car might be in range if it's in ft worth!
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

^ OMG, I hope your kidding. Your more than 4 hours away at 80mph IF you don't hit traffic in Austin.
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

^it ain't that bad when your in a truck. I've driven to the east coast twice, non-stop on one occasion. I'll make a trip of if I do, maybe go check out cowboys stadium

Good to know a scrap is around. The valley(Laredo,McAllen) there are junkyards everywhere near the border!
Old 03-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Uhhh...Nothing new

I see tons of 7th gens in salvage yards all the time
Lol, then again, I live in the bay, where everyone is a civic/prius driver
Old 03-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^I've seen a CR-Z in a junk yard, its not the fact that its at a junk yard, its that its at one with a set price list.
Old 03-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

We have one of the biggest pick n pulls around, so I understand what you're saying

But,
There are rows and rows of civics + integras/DC5's that go on about a football field length

It's quite saddening, but what you expect?
Asians cant drive :3
Old 03-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
We have one of the biggest pick n pulls around, so I understand what you're saying

But,
There are rows and rows of civics + integras/DC5's that go on about a football field length

It's quite saddening, but what you expect?
Asians cant drive :3
You serious?

A "cheap" yard has DC5's.

Your right, asians can't drive haha. I know someone who works at a bodyshop and they've had a new S65 AMG in 3 times and it doesn't even have 1500kms on the odometer yet.
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

Im always looking for a hood or a rear bumper at junkyards. Thats a needle in a haystack, lol.

@Carnoobie..You should see the ones with blood stains at junkyards...
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
@Carnoobie..You should see the ones with blood stains at junkyards...
One of many good reasons for wearing gloves. I personally like nitrile when working on cars.
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
You serious?

A "cheap" yard has DC5's?
FYI: P&P listed an '04 RSX in the Calgary yard today. Whole engines are less than $200 at P&P.

Last edited by lazlong; 03-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
...where everyone is a civic/prius driver
Do they sniff their own farts too?

Sorry, couldn't help the South Park reference. lol.
Old 03-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by lazlong
fyi: P&p listed an '04 rsx in the calgary yard today. Whole engines are less than $200 at p&p.
road trip!!
Old 03-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Lmfao, He's like K20 HERE I COME!

Oh...it's already long gone... =/

but yes, we have DC5's in the yards, but they all are gutted the engine before it arrives at the yard :S
Old 03-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

All I want is the interior, I already have a k20
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

HG-2003Civvy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah its a common site in Ontario u-pull places, its been good for me though. Picked up some nice rims, spoiler, drivers armrest, new grille at those places. It seems Hondas and Toyotas are a target in the winter with slippery roads. The light weight doesn't help them either. Poor guys never knew what hit them. I saw a '06 dx in a yard two weeks ago. First time ever seeing one of those in a junk yard for me
Old 03-11-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i gave up on these a long time ago. now i just go to ebay. everytime i see a 7thgen its stripped to the bone and whatever leftovers are in terrible shape like in the pic. its amazing how poorly treated these cars are.
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

^^ Just wait a little while and they'll have football field size lots full of 7th gens just like all the '88-'00 Civics... and Accords... and Preludes... and Integras... etc.
Old 03-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^^It's just a matter of time, just because my car was worth $33k at the dealership doesn't mean it still is. In another three, four years 8th gen owners will be having this conversation.
Old 03-11-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

wow that thing is picked...
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

The most civic inventory at pnp by scanning it looks like 95-97. So it took 14-16 yrs to have that amt. so for 2001, I'd expect the numbers to be similiar 2015-2017. Maybe more since 7gens were popular. By then I'll have my CPA..lol.