7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Just thought i should let you guys know...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Just thought i should let you guys know...

I just bought my first car

A Canadian 2003 honda civic SI (American EX Coupe for those who don't already know).

Colour: Silver
Mileage: 180 000km = 112 000 miles
Cost: $3500.
Transmission: Manual

I still have to do all the fun stuff like get insurance and register my car... but other then that it's mine, did i forget to mention i bought a manual car but i don't know how to drive manual? lol.

Only major problem is a crack in the front bumper which i'll get my uncle to replace for cheap since he owns a garage. A couple minor chips of paint on the hood from like rocks, and i dunno nothing really serious.

The car came with 8 winter tires (yea ... 2 sets lol) and it has a full AEM Short Ram Intake already. Well ... the pipe is AEM ... the filter is actually a K&N lol. It also has an aftermarket stereo which saves me the trouble of having to get a dash kit and wiring harness. I'm pretty sure i listed everything about the car that wasn't stock.

I obviously took the car to a mechanic (that i trust) and he said it was a good deal and that the car was in good condition and wouldn't need much to get fixed.

So now i have left the world of 4-Doors and moved on! Can't wait till summer guys
Old 03-08-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just thought i should let you guys know...

Sweeet!!! Pictures!?

Get an AEM dryflow filter for that AEM pipe and your set
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tbohar
Sweeet!!! Pictures!?

Get an AEM dryflow filter for that AEM pipe and your set
Pictures will come soon my friend The car is parked 20 minutes away from me at my uncles garage where hopefully i can get it in a day or two and have my dad teach me manual.

And that's definitely on my life of things to do... but i won't be able to do that for about a month cuz my bank account just took a hard hit and needs to recuperate lol
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Cool.
Old 03-08-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck to ya
Old 03-08-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

finally!
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough

Nice. Best car in the world to learn how to drive manual.
Old 03-08-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

sweet, now you need some shiny new forum decals to put on it :3
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Mm..and metallica decal while ur at it! Treat your civic well and it will treat u well back. Mine has a leak but its not a bad one, i love mine to death!
Old 03-08-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

You forgot to mention that the guy took good care of it. Always did regularly scheduled maintenance. Cleaned it very well. Crowned like every year.

And for those wondering how I know this, in case you didn't already know, me and Dark are cousins. I was by his side the whole way through

Bro you got the sickest deal.
Old 03-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

congrats
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Lol thanks guys, good info for those who posted it

And riceboy i'll message you when i have money to spend again

@Shift-E, i really want to thank you, but you're a loser for saying "I was by his side the whole way through " lol
Old 03-08-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Lol thanks guys, good info for those who posted it

And riceboy i'll message you when i have money to spend again

@Shift-E, i really want to thank you, but you're a loser for saying "I was by his side the whole way through " lol
Your mom's a loser
Old 03-08-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Your mom's a loser
If you're his cuzzo, wouldn't you just be making fun of your aunt?
LOL

Anyways, Nice deal, hope you get to your laundry list of To-Do's
Learning Manual isn't hard,
I spent about a week watching my friend as he drove me around, and then i grew some ***** and took a car out on my own, and stalled twice.
After that, I got the hang of it (only thing was that i was messing up 3/5th gear because of short shift)

Now, I can drive a manual with my eyes closed...(figuratively speaking of course)
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask the forum, just dont be a carnoobie (heh)

And post up pictures when you can!
Old 03-09-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
LOL
Ya, but it's a thing we do now, it started cuz his brother ... i hate when he starts a sentence off with "your mom"

Anyways, Nice deal, hope you get to your laundry list of To-Do's
Learning Manual isn't hard,
I spent about a week watching my friend as he drove me around, and then i grew some ***** and took a car out on my own, and stalled twice.
After that, I got the hang of it (only thing was that i was messing up 3/5th gear because of short shift)

Now, I can drive a manual with my eyes closed...(figuratively speaking of course)
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask the forum, just dont be a carnoobie (heh)

And post up pictures when you can!
Alright first things first, that carnoobie line was pretty funny

But yeah it shouldn't be hard but it'll be rewarding ... i'm just worried i'll mess up a clutch and have to pay $500 for a new one :P
Old 03-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have your fair share of stalls, but it wont be too hard on the clutch

I learned manual for less than a month, and I already had enough experience to teach my other 2 friends, who got it in under 2 days.
It seems like a lot of stuff to pay attention to when you've only drove auto...but it gets easier
...well maybe not on hills in san francisco....but you get the point :P
Old 03-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Your mom's a loser
You making me remember when my brother said to me:
"You are a SOB!!!" and immediately thereafter, he complemented "sorry, Mom..."

Congrats, Darksouljour.
waiting for pics
Old 03-09-2011
Registered!!

I'll take pics this weekend

And i just got it licensed and insured and all that good stuff... I got it appraised so i only had to pay taxes on $2500 instead of $6950 ... saved about $500 ... but i just learned that the clutch will need to be replaced REALLY soon So there goes my tax savings lol

PS how much would a new clutch + labour cost?
Old 03-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

I just did a 5 second search for clutch, and its about $250, and funny enough, Ericthecarguy just put a video on his website, 2 hour complete guide on how to change clutch on acura/hondas for $11

Save on labor, it could be your first DIY
Old 03-09-2011
Registered!!

My uncle said with parts and labour it'd cost about $600. $250 sounds too good to be true :P And could u link me to the vid? I have to leave right now but i'd like to watch it when i come back home
Old 03-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

I just did some researching, this might be too big of a job, if you don't know what you're doing, because you do need to remove axles and take apart part of your transmission.

I'm still going to post some links for resource if you ever attempt
Ericthecarguy's vid is on 1990-2001 integra clutch, but it should basically be the same, but it costs $11 for the video
http://www.ericthecarguy.com/fix-it/

Some other links that might be helpful
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...h-install.html
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do...l-58-pics.html

I definitely hope you attempt it and make your own DIY, but I prolly recommend you taking it to a mech
Old 03-09-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah. Learning to row your own gears is fun and rewarding. I learned in my Civic. Compared to the other cars I tried driving, Honda clutches seem to be pretty easy to deal with. Not only that, they have great feedback. If you need any help, I'm part of a manual enthusiast site(yes one does exist), if you want the link, I'll post it up.
Old 03-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

tools required might get pricey, i would guess. rental ones from canadian tire?
taking the axles out was a pain...
Old 03-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by MelJ
Compared to the other cars I tried driving, Honda clutches seem to be pretty easy to deal with.
my old beetle tried to brake my left leg (not on the good meaning of the expression, rather a real fact ) when i pushed the clutch
Old 03-10-2011

LOL
Technically yes, but we're related through the dad

Lol but in all seriousness, we don't make fun of each others mothers, we make fun of each others "Hypothetical" mothers. Women who don't actually exist, but are assumed to be our mothers.
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

Well i have never done any work on a car ... so a clutch might not be the best place to start lol ...
Old 03-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Well, dive head first into the shark tank

I think I would attempt it, since its mostly removing things, and putting stuff back together, shouldn't be too difficult

well, start buying those LEDs and other stuff you have on your list and work on that first than
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

Well, dive head first into the shark tank

I think I would attempt it, since its mostly removing things, and putting stuff back together, shouldn't be too difficult

well, start buying those LEDs and other stuff you have on your list and work on that first than
I just noticed that the "AC" button, and the circulate air button (or whatever it's called) don't light up, but rear de-frost does. So i think i might aswell switch the whole unit to LED's :P I'll do that later one, but my first project will be a morimoto mini retrofit into black housed headlights

Anyways, it was crappy rain weather (but at least the snow's melting) and i was bored on break at work so i took a couple pics with my shitty cellphone cuz u guys asked for it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	img019.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	80456

Name:	img018.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	80457

Name:	img020.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	80458
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

Cjski04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
sweet, now you need some shiny new forum decals to put on it :3
can you really get those hahaha i want one for my back window
Old 03-16-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Looks like you got a lot of work ahead of you dark :P

Originally Posted by Cjski04
can you really get those hahaha i want one for my back window
We're selling decals, but we have limited quantities left

Quick Reply: Just thought i should let you guys know...