7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Make stock exhaust louder

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dumbteentarget is an unknown quantity at this point
Make stock exhaust louder

I was wondering if there is any way i can make my stock exhaust on my 04 si any louder without spending any money... I know i could take the muffler off but i have read that that is just too loud which isnt what im looking for. I just want a little more roar too it.

I dont know much about the exhaust or how it really affects power but i was thinking if i cut little slits in the pipe on the top between the rear axle and muffler, would it make it louder or just make it squeel? it would also create less backpressure giving me more top end power right? please correct me if im wrong but it was just a thought i had.

I would assume that if i did this, it would be illegal and not pass a smog check. Also, i am looking into getting a 69 series typhoon short ram intake for a little more of a beastly sound as well. Anyways, i think in a couple weekends im gonna take off the muffler and see how loud it actually is but ill prolly end up putting it back on.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Make stock exhaust louder

you can beat your head off the muffler which will dent it making it louder
Old 03-08-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont do... any of that
Old 03-09-2011
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

you could get a $20 cherry bomb it will add a little bit to it it wont be like a $300 exhaust but its something im gonna probably get one for my 04 civic sedan
Old 03-09-2011
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tbohar
Dont do... any of that
^^^^^^yeah...dont ^^^^^^^

not only will you more than likely get pulled over for crappy exhaust, you will ruin your stock pipes and when you decide that you're over it, you'll have to buy a new set from either a junk yard, dealership, or here. all of your ideas are that...just ideas. its nice to day dream but it will ruin your car if you carry them out. if you want a better sounding exhaust sound, purchase an aftermarket system and put your stock one away in a safe place where it wont rust. that way, when youre tired of the aftermarket one, you'll be able to put the old one back and not kick yourself in the *** for making stupid mistakes.
Old 03-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dumbteentarget
I dont know much about the exhaust or how it really affects power but i was thinking if i cut little slits in the pipe on the top between the rear axle and muffler, would it make it louder or just make it squeel?
Name:  tumblr_lgyq9zZczi1qc3ioj.jpg
Views: 4558
Size:  33.8 KB

Btw, If I were you, look into an electronic cutout bypass
Old 03-09-2011
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
might be too advanced for him atm
Old 03-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Is that the system that allows you to have 2 a$$es, one for normal days and another for when you ate that nice stack of raw oisters at hooter's that seemed a good idea at the time?
Old 03-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Is that the system that allows you to have 2 a$$es, one for normal days and another for when you ate that nice stack of raw oisters at hooter's that seemed a good idea at the time?
Yep,
A normal crapper, and a diarrhea crapper

Or, a electronic bypass valve, either or
Same concept, different design