7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2001 Civic LX Sedan Audio Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civiccc2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Civic LX Sedan Audio Suggestions?

I just purchased a 2001 Civic LX Sedan, it is silver with a grey interior. It's in great shape but I need to either purchase an OEM CD Player (only came with one unit, the cassette player) or I want to purchase a high end third party audio receiver either single din or double din. I want it to include a cd player and hopefully an auxillary port. Can anyone send me some links or give me some suggestions. Here's a picture of my car.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

Re: 2001 Civic LX Sedan Audio Suggestions?

35 views and no replies? not even 1 measly suggestion?
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Okay well ur new, don't worry about views. I'm pretty sure 35 people didn't read this... You were probably all 35 lol.

You didn't really give people much to work with.

If it's just the deck you're looking for give us a price range and since you've already given what you want the deck to do a price range is all we need to offer suggestions.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Okay well ur new, don't worry about views. I'm pretty sure 35 people didn't read this... You were probably all 35 lol.

You didn't really give people much to work with.

If it's just the deck you're looking for give us a price range and since you've already given what you want the deck to do a price range is all we need to offer suggestions.
sorry. but im looking at no more than 200.

@carnoobie- im liking the sound of your setup but i think i'm going to stick with the stock speakers until i get more income. i just need a good head unit, and its hard to see yours. lol
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

If you live in canada i suggest you get it from sonic electronix just because they ship to canada, and they're cheap. Plus all decks come with free dashkit and wiring harness, plus installation instructions. If u live in US, then crutchfield is good too and i believe they do the same thing.

Now, as for your deck. The company's you should be looking at are usually alpine, pioneer, sony. All company's have some good decks, but they're usually more expensive. You might be able to get a decent deck for $200, if you up your price a bit to maybe $250 or $300 you could get much better decks.

From what you're given me so far i'll link you to a search on sonic electronix:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewc...s_per_page=100

Thats all the decks that meet your criteria (on that site).
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

im liking the reviews, but what makes it different from the rest. theres other ones with close to the same features. how would it benefit me if im using it to listen to cds and to my ipod touch? i might as well get a cheap-o head unit that has an auxillary port /:
Old 02-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Just go to Crutchfield, enter your cars info and look through what pops up. They aren't the cheapest but you won't find better service anywhere. They will include the trim plate if you go single deck, and the wiring harness. These parts alone could run you over $40. They guarantee everything, include full install instructions specifically for your car and provide free lifetime support.

Just my .02 I assume I will receive change ;o)
Old 02-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Carnoobie
The customization options is endless. Great for when you upgrade your speakers and add subs, amps later. And it has a sexy OEL display.
Yeah I really like the iPod Controls, but im curious to know if it works for the new ipod touch 4g. The head unit seems a bit dated and the ipod is new, im not sure if it'll be compatible.
Old 02-28-2011
Registered!!

Thing i don't like about pioneers is how cheap they feel. I've seen this one in stores, and my cousin has 2 pioneer decks. All of which feel like crappy plastic. And squeek when you touch them.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-P8200BT.html

This pioneer one really impresses me, and it's most likely when i'm going to get. But there's not CD so you probably won't be interested. And the price is higher because it has bluetooth phone technology or whatever built in. You can get the same one cheaper but without blue tooth.
Old 02-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Thing i don't like about pioneers is how cheap they feel. I've seen this one in stores, and my cousin has 2 pioneer decks. All of which feel like crappy plastic. And squeek when you touch them.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-P8200BT.html

This pioneer one really impresses me, and it's most likely when i'm going to get. But there's not CD so you probably won't be interested. And the price is higher because it has bluetooth phone technology or whatever built in. You can get the same one cheaper but without blue tooth.
I actually like the simplistic look of this player, but can you find me possibly a deck that has really great sound quality, ipod controls, and a cd player for under 200?
Old 02-28-2011
Registered!!

You might want to look at the

Pioneer DEH-6300UB

Reviews on Crutchfield: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1306300...tab=review#tab

But don't buy it from crutchfield for $149.99, sonicelectronix has it listed for $129.99

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...EH-6300UB.html

It seems fairly new since all the reviews written for it were from this month.