7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

You know you own a 7thgen when...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
You know you own a 7thgen when...

as soon as you fix one squeek another one pops up.

Surely you guys can think of more, let me hear 'em.
Old 02-21-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know you own a 7thgen when...

Originally Posted by lazlong
as soon as you fix one squeek another one pops up.

Surely you guys can think of more, let me hear 'em.
I know that pain all too well.. Hopefully this HG change I just did stops the cycle.. lol
Old 02-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

They only sell pre-torn front motor mounts because there is no point of getting your hopes up!
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jponto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

The drivers seat doubles as a rocking chair...

Ah! And the dealer who sold it to you tells you there's nothing wrong with it/nothing they can do.
The following users liked this post:
Andrew Freeman (02-19-2021)
Old 02-21-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

1st to 2nd is hard as a ****!
Old 02-21-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

a group of people always congregate around your car at autozone lol
Old 02-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

the compliance bushings are gone again. and the sway bar endlinks goes the next week. After you do that, it's the top mounts bearings just after you re-align the car
Then the guy next to you in the traffic sign asks if you have a turbo and starts revving.

And it clunks.

I have a MT, but i am freaking worried that my A-transmission will go out and die cold

Last edited by sdaidoji; 02-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Every time to take your car to a shop for something the mechanic tells you, "sorry to say, but you have transmission problems".
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

you replace one part only to have it hasten the breakdown of another part.
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

when you think about changing the distributor cap and spark plug wires.

egh..tough crowd.
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
when you think about changing the distributor cap and spark plug wires.
Ah, the good 'ol days.
Old 02-21-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

You catch up to everyone stopped next to you (which includes a school bus, two minivans and a Prius) at the next light.
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough

When in the winter time you wish you had a bigger engine so you could get warm quicker.

Originally Posted by lollygagger
1st to 2nd is hard as a ****!
Who uses 2nd, i find myself skipping it alot and going straight to 3rd.
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

mvanbv00 is an unknown quantity at this point

...you stop at the gas station only to find out your fuel door won't open.
Old 02-21-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mvanbv00
story of my life, along with the guy who said the seat doubles as a rocking chair.
Old 02-21-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

As I told Josh,
When something in our 7th gen, beware of the coming shitstorm :P
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

bravo79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maxtierney
You catch up to everyone stopped next to you (which includes a school bus, two minivans and a Prius) at the next light.

That is the funniest one ever LOL
Old 02-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You stomp on the gas to get ahead of the guy but you realize there is no way to beat that moped.
Old 02-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Oh, god, not the moped again!

Originally Posted by mvanbv00
+2 on that...
Old 02-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Ohh yea... I'm reviving the moped... that guy was defintely a Troll but some of the crap he came up with was pretty original and funny
Old 02-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

I'll bring it back to a realistic level though.

You start the car and for the first 10 minutes your RPMS bounce from 1000-3000. After that gets straightened out the car stumbles at every stoplight unless you hold your foot on the gas pedal, slightly

Another:

For the first 10 seconds of running the car it blows white smoke out of the exhaust, and it blows coolant out of the overflow. But it ISNT a headgasket damnit... it's been checked!
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

when you slam on the breaks and realize you dont have abs and then later think to yourself i dont need it, it'll only add weight.
Old 02-21-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tbohar
You stomp on the gas to get ahead of the guy but you realize there is no way to beat that moped.
That's because you didn't wait for the VTEC to kick in, yo!
Old 02-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Vtec? What's that. My honda has VTAKK
Old 02-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by tbohar
For the first 10 seconds of running the car it blows white smoke out of the exhaust, and it blows coolant out of the overflow. But it ISNT a headgasket damnit... it's been checked!
LOL, we skipped the gasket! can't believe we did that!
Old 02-21-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its the entertainment seat! see how many replies you can come up with when passengers ask "why is your seat moving?"

Originally Posted by Brian1037
story of my life, along with the guy who said the seat doubles as a rocking chair.
Old 02-21-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jrb121180
Who uses 2nd, i find myself skipping it alot and going straight to 3rd.
I have an AT lol
Old 02-21-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollygagger
I have an AT lol
You still skip 2nd if ya know what i mean
Old 02-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
You still skip 2nd if ya know what i mean
bwaaahahaha! Oh, god this thread is really good!
Old 02-21-2011
Registered!!

when you can take half the car apart in your sleep because you've done it so many times.

Quick Reply: You know you own a 7thgen when...