7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Picture of your last Modification

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Picture of your last Modification

I might go the machine shop route and have them pressed in, I just haven't been able to find a good machine shop with reasonable rates near where I live, which is why I'm tempted to pull them in. Whichever route I decide to go with I'll write a DIY for the site, although I'll probably only do the fronts for now since I'm doing a rear disk conversion this summer I hope.

Last edited by MindBomber; 02-23-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-23-2011
I haven't been here in a long time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Well I waited nearly a year before breaking down and paying the damn machine shop to do them. I have other cars so parking the civic for a year didn't really **** me over.

Originally my wheel studs broke off after a dumbass mechanic over torqued my lug nuts. The wheels literally fell off on the FWY going 65 mph. It ruined one of my rims and completely ****ed the suspension up. well mostly it just gave a push to the bushings and broke them (though we all know they were going to go anyway). So I parked the car and started collecting the parts to fix it. Then life got in the way and I just never got around to it. After a while I just broke down and paid the machine shop the money to press out my old bushings, press in the new ones on both fronts, press out ball joints and new ones in, press in bearings and the wheel studs. I had a lot of work so it cost a pretty penny for machine shop rates at least ($160) I need to buy a new rim still and put new tires on my car. But I can finally drive it again

excuse the personal rant...lol
Old 02-23-2011

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

whoa, just noticed that this site now censors.....pfft
Old 02-23-2011
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

tail lights and spoiler just put on last week and I just installed a duel gauge pod cluster
Old 02-23-2011
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about

Over the weeks installed a strut brace and made a custom screen for my modded air box:

Name:  P2180733.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  75.3 KB

And awhile back put in an 02 LX speedo, so I had a tach

Name:  P2180734.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  46.5 KB

I REALLY want to do a v-TAK head swap with a crower or whatever stage 1 cam...but gotta get a job first, LOL

Oh and thanx Riceboy, for the advice on the strut tower nuts, BTW they were 10mm-1.25, grade 10...but not black? Hmmm...LOL

Last edited by BobDobolina; 02-23-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: follow up on another post
Old 02-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Hehe I keep adding to my truck. I just can't have a manual without a tach...
Name:  2002362c.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  47.9 KB
Name:  655be893.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  43.3 KB
Old 02-24-2011

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about

Thats what I thought!

I was like, OK, no pwr windows...or locks. But no tach? C'mon
Old 02-24-2011
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Yeah it turns out that I was never taking it over about 3500rpms. My truck is a torque monster! It redlines at about 5200rpm's and it peak HP is right around redline. But I normally don't go above 2k when driving regularly! I cannot imagine my old Honda pulling like that.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 02-24-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I lol'd at your custom modded airbox BobDobolina, hows it perform?
Old 02-24-2011

Oh dude, I get like ...50 to the gallon and like +10hp!!

I really dont have anything else to compare it too, except from the way it was before the 'modification'. And in that sense it was well worth the $15 it cost! I just wanted to free up the breathing a lil bit. Found a K&N factory filter on craigslist for ten bucks... figured what the heck. Im happy.
Old 02-24-2011

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Yeah it turns out that I was never taking it over about 3500rpms. My truck is a torque monster! It redlines at about 5200rpm's and it peak HP is right around redline. But I normally don't go above 2k when driving regularly! I cannot imagine my old Honda pulling like that.

Damn man, 3500?? LOL! Good thing you got that tach! save some gas!! LOL
Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BobDobolina
Damn man, 3500?? LOL! Good thing you got that tach! save some gas!! LOL
^ I meant I thought I was racing it when I was only hitting about 3500, boy was I wrong!

It cruises at 1000rpms and accelerates without hesitation from there. It's powerband peaks around 5k, but it's torque band peaks very low. Just in case you were wondering it has 245hp and 300ft lbs of torque.
Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough

Installed these today, Exterior Carbon Fiber B pillar's.
Name:  IMAG0149.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  54.6 KB
Name:  IMAG0148.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  68.3 KB
Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

^ Stick on CF...check

lol
Old 02-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^The little cubby underneath the deck pops right out just like the deck does, some of our civics actually come from the factory with double DIN decks.
Old 02-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^Wow. I actually really like that deck, what model is it?
Old 02-27-2011

car is dirty and its been sitting for a while, I'm getting her ready for the road again...so I swapped out the rims for my other cars rims and gonna get new tires. Today I'm gonna raise the ****er since its too low and my gf is more than likely going to drive it. I'm sure she'd be ok driving a slammed car but I'd rather not take the chance on my RSR exhaust. anyway...new rims....well...not new...new to the car.

Name:  02cffa6d.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  161.9 KB

BBS Center caps don't fit due to the extended wheel studs.
Old 02-27-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Those look sick, I'm hoping to get a set of BBS rims at somepoint.
Old 02-27-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mkymonkey
soon imma do this lmao

Originally Posted by mkymonkey
anyway...new rims....well...not new...new to the car.
where are the white line tires?!? They looked great!!!

Last edited by sdaidoji; 02-27-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2011

lol, I couldnt find white walls to fit the steelies
Old 03-04-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good call carnoobie, your deck looks great... I've had a double din in mine for a couple years and they are nice too.. mine actually plays DVDs lol
Old 03-04-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

yeah good choice with the covers. they were nice but my friend has them in his jetta. he thinks his car is amazing but they are totally cheap and look terrible. no offense lol
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

whitecivic2003 will become famous soon enough

Electric trunk release from an 01 honda accord bolts right up just run a wire and a relay to the trunk and hooked it up to the alarm.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

my new Carbon Fiber plug cover I made and put on today.
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough

Nice i like it, but im a sucker for Carbon Fiber.