7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

AutoX question about rims.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
AutoX question about rims.

For the last 2 weeks or so, I have been reading up on the different classes of autocross out there, and since this civic is still pretty new for me, I was thinking about just running in the Stock division (referring to the SCCA rules book for 2011). One question that I had, was about wheels though. My 18th birthday is coming up soon, so my parents are going to get me some decent Konig rims, preferably in white to match my car. In the handbook, it states that any non OEM wheels had to be the same size as the original. Does anyone know if it is referring to the actual tire or the rim size? I really wanted to possible move up to some lightweight 16" rims, but didn't want to assume things one way or another.
Old 01-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: AutoX question about rims.

16 will throw you out of stock class, prolly to DSP if EX. If not EX, FSP
Can't remember, but most likely you will need to get same width and offset as well.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 01-21-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2011
Trance Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Wheel=rim. So you'd probably be looking at maybe 15 or 14''? My snow tires have a wheel/rim size of 14 but my Si wheels/rims are 15".
Old 01-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thats a shame. Especially seeing how I have an EX. Thanks for the help guys. Ill let you know what route I decide to go down.

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
16 will throw you out of stock class, prolly to DSP if EX. If not EX, FSP
Can't remember, but most likely you will need to get same width and offset as well.

As for being put into DSP, what sort of competition would I likely see?
Old 01-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

pretty bad ones...
EX are V-TEC, no matter if they are SOHC or DOHC, so they get pretty big engines to fight against...
from my sig, you see that i am DSP... Modded the car before starting autoX, so it was too late for me... can't fight the big dogs with a momentum car, so keep it in stock until you get more experience...
Of course, a stock class car is not exactly the best car. I prefer mine the way it is now, much better for my tastes, even if it is not competitive. But that can wait for a later date for you.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 01-21-2011 at 06:25 PM.