7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Looking for Vendors

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
Looking for Vendors

Hi, I've done some looking around the site, and only found old threads regarding this.
Does anyone know where I can basically find anything for a reasonable price? Any websites that you guys like to visit and find reliable?

I have an 01 LX auto and am currently looking for an SRI and wanted to know anywhere I can get a good deal on one, as ebay has them for roughly to 200. Or maybe if one of you is selling one?

I just bought the car and have had it for about a month now. Getting Idea's of what I want to do come spring time, and also getting my budget together lol

Anything you can recommend would be great!
Old 01-13-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for Vendors

dezod.com and thmotorsports.com is where I buy most of my parts online. Thmotorsports gives free shipping on most things over $100.

Just fyi, bolt ons on the D17 kinda suck.. just a heads up
Old 01-13-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Just fyi, bolt ons on the D17 kinda suck.. just a heads up
By "suck" do you mean they're crap, or they won't really do anything significant to my performance?
Old 01-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

They won't give gains to performance, they just make your car louder and clean up the engine bay.

In my opinion the best intake option, aside from maybe the AEM V2, is an ebay special with a Denso air filter.
Old 01-13-2011

Originally Posted by MindBomber
They won't give gains to performance, they just make your car louder and clean up the engine bay.

In my opinion the best intake option, aside from maybe the AEM V2, is an ebay special with a Denso air filter.
I'm not really looking to make my civic super fast, not now at least. I'm saving the money for Uni and other stuff :P I just want some little things here and there to make the civic more custom, to fit me. Keep it clean.

And is there any real difference between AEM and K&N?
Old 01-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shift-E
I'm not really looking to make my civic super fast, not now at least. I'm saving the money for Uni and other stuff :P I just want some little things here and there to make the civic more custom, to fit me. Keep it clean.

And is there any real difference between AEM and K&N?
You won't notice any difference between K&N, AEM, Injen and a Ebay special other than price and the filter quality. So, rather than spending $250 on a pipe with a so so filter on the end, buy a cheap pipe and put the best filter on the end of it for $150.
Old 01-13-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Like mentioned above, you'll get pretty much no gains, but yea, it does clean up the engine bay. K&n filter sucks, from what i've heard, and the AEM dryflow is awesome sauce. The AEM V2 intake is pretty, but it's expensive. You can eBay pipe it and slap on an AEM dryflow
Old 01-13-2011

So you guys are saying something like either of these with a AEM dryflow?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/01-02-03-04-05-HO...item2560367b42

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2001-2005-HONDA-C...item27b2e36230
Old 01-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Exactly!

If you want you could also buy a can of high temp paint from the parts store and paint it to match your cars colour scheme. I've heard good things about the AEM dry flow too, but I still think Denso filters are the best and they come in different colours.
Old 01-14-2011

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Exactly!

If you want you could also buy a can of high temp paint from the parts store and paint it to match your cars colour scheme. I've heard good things about the AEM dry flow too, but I still think Denso filters are the best and they come in different colours.
lol paint was going to be my next question.

Back to the thread lol, Do you recommend ebay when looking for parts? I'm always scared of being scammed with some kind of crappy peice. I don't use ebay that often..
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ebay is usually okay, just order from high feedback sellers like 98% or more