7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First car, please help me out

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: First car, please help me out

In the states an SiR is an Si, and the Si is an EX. Importing a civic is to much of a pain in the *** to make in worthwhile usually, especially since they're worth way less when you go to re-sell. Most american imports are luxury cars.

Go to member rides to see pics. The Si is the coupe and sedan, and the SiR is the weird looking hatch back lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SiR.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	80027  

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-10-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kolkim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey would you add me on MSN or somethin? Forum takes a while :P

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-10-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I deleted msn after highschool, but I can talk to you on facebook if you want? PM me your email for that.

I edited your email out of your message, because you don't want that sitting on the forum.
Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Hows this car look?
Old 01-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

It lacks an engine, firewall, dash, interior...

to fix it would be another 10k+ lol
Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
It lacks an engine, firewall, dash, interior...

to fix it would be another 10k+ lol
I was wondering what was wrong with it, I just searched Lambo as a keyword looking for this car I saw earlier, and found all these really cool cars, take a look and tell me what you'd like, not serious decisions but could be.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&seller_type=b

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=b&make=HONDA (Not pimped out, but I was looking at this SI)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=b&make=HONDA
and
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=b&make=HONDA
are i think the same car but different colors but different prices/mileage

Give me your opinion on all of these
I'm liking that scion tC alot but I don't really know much about them
Old 01-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Scions are big expensive and slow lol

The only cars that are even decent are the two civics at the end, but one is located in texas and the other florida! Search Vancouver or Seattle craigslist, those will give you a better idea of local prices.
Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

scions are bad? I don't really know anything about them, I just saw that picture and thought "I wouldn't mind rocking that! good fuel economy, decently cheap, decent mileage, and cheap to insure ive heard"
I've been on autotrader all this time havent checked craigslist at all, I will do that now and see.

oh WOW!!!!!! AUTOTRADER SUCKS SOO MUCH BALLSHIT
Honestly I never actually checked local craigslist THANK YOU! I'm finding ACTUAL GOOD DEALS ON LOCAL CARS I CAN GO TEST DRIVE AROUND HERE YOU ARE GOD MINDBOMBER WHERES THE REP BUTTON?

well I figured out now that I don't like the looks of anything before 2006 generation, but 2006-2010 is more money than I have hmm

Last edited by kolkim; 01-11-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

2006-2010 Civics are nice, but yeah they're a lot more expensive to buy and insure.

Want to know why the Scion tc is so nice?
They were designed by a very famous lamp designer instead of a car designer, esthetically they're fantastic cars, but if memory serves they only have 108hp.
Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
2006-2010 Civics are nice, but yeah they're a lot more expensive to buy and insure.

Want to know why the Scion tc is so nice?
They were designed by a very famous lamp designer instead of a car designer, esthetically they're fantastic cars, but if memory serves they only have 108hp.
hey man go on facebook, i read like 160hp at 6000 instead of the 197 at 7200 for civic. still I'd rather have the civic
Old 01-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I just logged into facebook. I'm so procrastinating, I should be working on homework... oh well
Old 01-11-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

The tC is nothing but a 2 door Camry.
Old 01-11-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

man.
importing taxes easily goes 600 bucks, plus need to install DRL in our cars to pass inspection. Also, include inspection and plus the needed maintenance stuff. initial maintenance could easily get to 1 or 2k depending on car condition.
Also, since we don't know your driving hability, i would say start from the Si, learn how to drive (lower models are cheaper to repair BTW, especially considering the SiR rarity). I myself rolled a rearwheel drive-rear engine car when i was 20, due to its oversteering characteristic and high sensibility to lift throttle. (do never start with high power/rear wheel drive as first car, they are really a handful).
When you have learned how to slide around the Si, and have the maintenance up-to-speed, you will have saved enough to get the SiR and will have enough experience to not damage it (see the roads around, it's not just about your hability, driving safety also includes ducking others and safely escaping dangerous situations). Do not start modding if your real target is higher power cars. I modded mine and now don't feel like selling it to get another. I would rather keep it and buy another (2 cars now, 1 FWD and another RWD, next is 4WD ). split second decisions, brake? throttle? counter steer? turn the wheel to where you do not want to go to regain traction?
WRX are good for snow, but too much power. understeering FWD is still safer if you don't know how car reacts.
Anyway, try to get the Si and learn the car, how to maintain and how to drive it safely (can be fast, but safe if you know what you doing and what car will do).

much more to say, but will stop here.
Old 01-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hey hey, dont go hating on the TC now

Thats my next upgrade car, the 2011 version is bumped up to a 2.5L 180bhp 4 banger
And mods for TC's look freaking fantastic, + i like their audio system layout

but, I wouldnt buy any heavily modded car.
Old 01-13-2011
Registered!!

Pheet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kolkim
I have zero idea on anything insurance related, all I hear are 4 doors are cheaper than 2 doors, can someone tell me what your insurance rate was when you were 16 or 18, and if you had a 4 door or 2 door.
I live in Canada B.C if you could do a guesstimate of the insurance rate for me.
I also live in BC. I have an 02 civic Si coupe(ex in america if you wanna get all technical) and Im paying $281 a month for insurance. It wouldve been $320 if I didnt get the $500 premium. Anyways, Im guessing that youre a novice driver like myself so expect something in that price range. Ps: its under my name so thats why its so high. If you get it insured under your dad or mom or something, Im sure itll be way cheaper. Careful not to get into an accident though or youll get a lot of bitchin from the rents.

Last edited by Pheet; 01-13-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-13-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pheet
I also live in BC. I have an 02 civic Si coupe(ex in america if you wanna get all technical) and Im paying $281 a month for insurance. It wouldve been $320 if I didnt get the $500 premium. Anyways, Im guessing that youre a novice driver like myself so expect something in that price range. Ps: its under my name so thats why its so high. If you get it insured under your dad or mom or something, Im sure itll be way cheaper. Careful not to get into an accident though or youll get a lot of bitchin from the rents.
Yeah online quotes say the Canadian Civic SI i want will cost about $230 a month to insure, and i highly doubt my dad would be willing to put it under his name