7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Anyone done heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mdawg is on a distinguished road
Anyone done heated seats

Has anyone used any seat heater kits? I know they make some decent ones for RSXs but I have not seen much for the EM2. I found this one here http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Carb...4528180&sr=1-1 ...seems pretty good. Only complaint I see is the install level which I am not worried about, I love a good challenge and the wiring will be cake for what I have in mind.

And yes I am a little girl and think paying $100 bucks is worth keeping my butt warm
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone done heated seats

its a good idea, more efficient than using the heater blower. the bad review guy is right tho, they will not work with aftermarket seats. the oem honda seats are loose enough that you can peel the fabric seat covers off, slip in the warmers, then put the covers back on without much of a problem. the only thing i would worry about is the thickness. otherwise the seats could become "puffy" and not as comfortable to sit on. there are some really slim designs that you will hardly notice and also some thicker ones (usually cheap) that will stick out and both look ugly and feel uncomfortable. those ones you posted seem to be on the cheaper/simpler side. some can also be dangerous if you spill water on the seat. be very careful with that because no seat warmer is worth your life. i used to work with heating elements all the time and know how dangerous they can be if you get liquid in the wrong place.

Last edited by gearbox; 01-08-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

The one I posted claims it can be used in a boating environment too so I would assume its waterproof, I need to google some specs first to back that claim up. The thickness is 1/32" so I don't think it will be noticeable.
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

give it a try then. you may want to practice removing and replacing the seat covers first to see if you can do it by yourself. i cant remember where the zippers are but will look for it in the manual later.
Old 01-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You could also get RSX seats from Canada, those all came heated.

I believe EL seats are heated as well..
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
You could also get RSX seats from Canada, those all came heated.

I believe EL seats are heated as well..
I like leather and all but to find a pair of those from Canada would be way more than I would like to spend probably.

Thanks gear, I know I remembered seeing the zipper last time I had my seat out so I can probably find it again.
Old 01-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mdawg
I like leather and all but to find a pair of those from Canada would be way more than I would like to spend probably.

Thanks gear, I know I remembered seeing the zipper last time I had my seat out so I can probably find it again.
Yeah, you'd probably be looking at around $250 + shipping. I just thought I'd throw it out there though since a lot of people don't know RSX seats in Canada are heated.
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

I appreciate it, yeah I found out they were heated in canada when I was searching around for options but I just cant justify paying over $300 for a seat...not on my budget anyway.
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I was looking at doing heated seats before, but never got around to it. I'm down to see how it works out for you! Good luck!
Old 01-09-2011
Registered!!

I'm going to purchase them next week when I "hopefully" get my college refund back, I'll take lots of pictures and do a write-up for it.
Old 01-09-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

i'm waiting for it aswell, if it's cheap and not too hard to do... i might aswell