7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gmb2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fog Lights

Does anyone know if Honda sells a fog light kit for an 2002 ex coupe?
Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fog Lights

yup they do! www.handaaccessories.com
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

bravo79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gearbox I just looked at this site do you recommend anything from it like the SmartWax stuff? or the Wiper refill inserts- Set I mean have you tried any of there stuff or fluids ?
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

Ashtray/lighter combo? I dont think i have an ashtray in my car. I think all i have is a outlet to plug in a charger
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

^ thats the same as lighter
Old 01-06-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

i just had a look there at fog lights. 264$......

what's the difference between the fogs from there and these:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2004-2005-HONDA-C...ht_5049wt_1139

(i cant buy from honda accessories anyway, they only deal with the usa)
Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no there is an accessory ashtray and lighter piece with a cig lighter instead of the socket and a door you can pull out. i have it on mine i can look for some pics.

the real honda fogs are expensive made in japan, the ebay ones are replicas and are overall terrible. the wiring is junk, and the fog trims and housings dont look as nice. i do have a spare complete 2002 civic sedan honda wire harness lying around i can sell for cheap. i had to buy the whole kit to replace a broken fog lens so i already had the original harness in the car. the wiring is really the most important part, the honda fog reflectors arent that much better than ebay for light output. mostly for looks.
Old 01-06-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

well i just want it for looks anyway. im not concerned at all with how the light outputs and distributes (as long as it doesn't blind other drivers of course). as long as they illuminate then im happy. its not like anyone is going to go inspect them and say "damn son these aren't from japan".

out of curiosity... if i wanted to buy genuine honda parts in canada, where can i go? would i have to look for a shop that sells them? how about a honda dealer?

Edit: was going to rep you but then it said i need to spread rep around before giving it to you again lol
Old 01-07-2011
Premium Member

probably honda dealer, i dont know any place that ships to canada except maybe some ebay sellers for certain parts. here is the ashtray in 2002 civic

Name:  siglighterplace.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  73.9 KB
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
probably honda dealer, i dont know any place that ships to canada except maybe some ebay sellers for certain parts. here is the ashtray in 2002 civic

Lots of companies ship to Canada, but for the companies that don't you can have them ship to a PO box company along the border that will charge you a small fee to forward the package to Canada. Usually it's like $5 plus shipping.
Old 01-07-2011
Sedans > Coupes

ahh ok. ill have to think about it though. i dont know if i want to spend 250$ on fogs when there's an alternative for 50$. if i had the money, i would for sure. but im a college student working some job... so money is an issue for now. argh.. i just wish i could see the ebay fogs before buying.
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Tons of people have bought ebay fogs, so I wouldn't be to nervous about quality.
The biggest issue with them I've heard is that the lens tend to get stone chips, but you could replace them five times for the cost of one OEM kit. Try searching online for a local car club or HID/Rice accessory store, there are a few in Vancouver and they all carry those cheap ebay fogs, so that would be a good way for you to see them before buying.
Old 01-07-2011
Registered!!

My car does not have an ash tray. I can use that oem fog light. How long will it take to install that kit myself? im pretty handy when it comes to stuff like that
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

If your good, you could probably do it in a couple hours.
Old 01-07-2011
Sedans > Coupes

alright thanks guys. in the spring im gonna go ahead and get the ebay ones along with all of my other planned spring time upgrades. if i wanted fog lights for the purpose of helping illuminate the road, i wouldnt get them, but since i just want them for aesthetics, i dont see a problem.