7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Rear Drum - Gotta love the dealer

Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thewal will become famous soon enough
Rear Drum - Gotta love the dealer

Hey Everyone,

Happy New year to all.

Well i took my car in to the dealer to have a recall done on it at the same time I asked them to check the rear right cylinder because i noticed that there was a little oil in that area, i assumed that it might have been leaking. and since it's gotten cold outside i did not want to freeze my *** off doing it.

Anyhow they called me and told me that they could not get the drum off cause it was too tight. they said that they tried to loosen the adjuster but it did not work, they beat on the drum even heated it up and still could not do it, and that they can only brake it off. I was a surprised when they told me that, so i asked them to put it all back.

Came home that day so the next day i raised the car and removed the tire, the drum was a little tight but did not seem that tight to me, took my flat head screw driver and loosened the adjuster and pop the drum came off like nothing.

So I don't know what the hell or who was working on my car but damn it's terrible when a honda certified Tech tells you that they could not remove the drum and it took me 5 minutes to do it. what the heck do you make out of that?

I hate dealers (Not all of them of course). You would think they know what they are doing.
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rear Drum - Gotta love the dealer

well last year I went to dealership for the front brake job and also let them changed the center brake light which I should have changed it myself. Guess what! even the easiest job... changing the bulb. Somebody did not do it right. That person bent the connector when pushing the bulb into the socket . I am like WTF... they did not even test it that what I pissed about. Really hate that way they treat their work.
Old 01-04-2011
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough

This is why you do the work yourself, ladies.
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

We ladies do.. hehe but it was too cold outside and i do not have a heated garage.
Old 01-04-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow even i know there are threaded holes in the drum that you put a bolt in and tighten it to push it free. sounds like someone forgot to read the brake chapter in the service book. and how do you change a bulb and not test it? even when i changed bulbs for free i always had them test to see they light up. we've had defectives before and its possible for them to damage just by popping it in the socket. its unheard of that a dealer will charge $50 to change the headlight bulbs that takes 5 minutes. and another $50 if you want them aimed (turn a gear with a screwdriver).

Last edited by gearbox; 01-04-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Well i am sending an email to the service manager because this is a joke. I guess they just about hire anyone these days.
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

gearbox,

I have to blame my own laziness for not changing the bulb myself. Where's the quality control? and yes I did check the bulbs I put in to make sure it work. I feel sorry for the dealer + Honda. I used to write the 2-page letter to Honda USA many years ago because the battery couldn't hold any charge but dealer didn't replace them. I do not know how they test it but I had to be there three times.
Old 01-04-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there is nothing wrong with paying to get bulbs installed. but esp if you pay, you should expect some sort of quality even if its as simple as plugging in a connector lol.
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

thewal, i notice you live in ottawa?

So do i, which dealership did you take it to?
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

took it to Civic Motors on st laurent
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Oh i'm out in Kanata, was just asking to see if u were close by :P My uncle has a body shop off of st. laurent, he does good work. K&R Body shop.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

yeah I know the place, he is on blackwell st. good place have friends that went to see him for work.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

Glad to hear it i've never been disappointed with any work he's done for me either!
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Some dealerships (well the ones i live around) hire interns as service technicians, it is sad that most of the interns they hire end up getting fired or quiting, the college i go to has a program called Honda PACT, (which is basically everything that you need to know on Honda's), that allows students to obtain service technician positions that way they get both in class experience, and on the job experience, but sometimes the less then decent students get a job, and thats probably why these problems occur, and not all service technicians are ASE certified.
hopes this helps ya'll understand the problem lol
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Did you tell him to make sure the parking brake was off
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

Hehe, I sent an email to the service technician and his response to me was crap read below.

Thank your for your email. I'm sorry but this is difficult to answer. Our Technician remember the car. He said the left side was over tight, but was able to remove it and the right side he could get off even with screw in tight and pry bars. So I'm glad you got if off. If we can help in another way please let us know.
Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member

service managers usually are complete dicks that side with the worker (obviously, since they dont want to answer for anything either). should mail it to honda canada corporate and they will contact the dealer asking why they suck. in any case, i doubt you will get anything out of it except maybe a free oil change coupon you wont use.
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

lol that is so true.