7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What engines fit in a 7th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hayden is an unknown quantity at this point
What engines fit in a 7th gen?

I'll apologize ahead for anything sounding dumb.

I'm in an 01 LX, and i think i want to start saving for a swap. not a k20 though, a bit to expensive for my taste. i was thinking like a B16A, or something. but i don't even know all of my options. also my automatic transmission is in pretty bad shape, it slips pretty often. so should i buy a engine and a manual transmission, and do an auto to manual conversion? (That would be ideal for me because every ricer wants a manual right?) but i"m not sure how much a manual conversion costs. can someone throw some numbers at me?

1. How much would it cost TOTAL to do a B16A engine swap along with a auto to manual conversion? (what i would prefer to do.)

2. will a B16A even go in my car?

3. Would it be cheaper to rebuild my auto tranny and just buy an engine block?

4. can i even put a different engine block on my transmission?

5. what are my other engine options?
Old 01-02-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: What engines fit in a 7th gen?

please SEARCH the forums before asking this. it has been asked many many times.

1. more than the k20 cost because the D series and B series are very very very diff. the D series and K series are more simular.

2.yes it will go into ur car with enough money spent. a corvette engine can go into ur car with enough money. and yes, a vette engine has been done, so dont ask.

3. what are u goals? what do u want to do with ur car? do u want an automatic or manual when you boost? the auto trans sucks.

4.u can put any D series..like the D17a1 or d17a2, but u need to ECU inorder to make it work correctly.

5. again, with enough money, u can put any engine in ur civic. people have put the LS2 (vette engine) and the subaru boxer engine as well.

with that said, ur going to be spending about 4000+ if u want to make ur civic go faster. and that consists of either a swap or boost.
Old 01-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Also, its important to point out that its illegal to swap in a motor older than the chassis. That rules out everything except K-Series.
Old 01-02-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

one of the things they trying to tell you is that the B-series are for the 6th gen civics, too much work, so save for the K-series or swap in a D17A2 head with soem tricks to make the V-TEC work and then put a camshaft.