7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Here! First Car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
New Here! First Car!

Hey guys, just got my first car, it's a 2003 Honda Civic Ex. It's silver and stock as of now but there are some things i'm planning to do! If you can help me with any of them or know anywhere I can get them, or any reviews at all that would be great! Also any comments on what I should or shouldn't do!

Also, will 2002-2005 Civic SI Ep3 Seats fit directly into the civic? Or the RSX Seats?

Here are the things I'm planning to do!

1) Extra Key for Civic
2) Get the Radio Code
3) Ipod Connecter (Direct behind stereo)
4) RSX or Honda Rims
5) Grille with red emblems
6) All Weather Mats
7) New Seats (EP3 SI or RSX)
8) Red stitched Shift **** and Boot
9) S2000 Sterring Wheel
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Re: New Here! First Car!

Congrats on your car! Out of curiosity, is it 2 or 4 door?

I'll just give my OPINION based on each thing you said:

1) Did you really have to put that? lol
2) See 3
3) I'd just buy a new stereo with direct ipod plugin gives your interior a new look and better sound!
4) I wouldn't get either rim, the acura because they have acura logo and honda because well i don't like them. Get your own set of rims, TONS of options out there and you can give your car your own personal touch.
5) Black emblem would look better on a silver civic, but thats just my opinion. I'm planning on either painting the grille black or just painting the emblems black and saving some money.
6) Sure why not
7) I'd go with EP3 if you can, but i'm not sure about it
8) If you're going to go with red emblems then this is nice, if not ... it's still nice lol
9) I like!

If you want more ideas you can check out cardomain:

Thats what i'm using for ideas , all you have to do is edit the trim of your car and you're good to go

http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/H...all/2001/2003/
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

Thanks a bunch for the response and input man! It's a coupe! Your post was a lot of help and i'll defiantly take these things into consideration! I'll keep you updated on how everything goes!
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

Also will the following Acura rims fit onto the car?

"Wheel Part Number: #71721 2002-2004 Acura RSX
Size: 16" x 6.5", 5 Lug, 115mm Bolt Pattern
Finish: Silver
Description: 5 Spoke Original Alloy Rims "
Old 12-14-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

5 lug rims will not fit on your 4 lug civic. ep3 and rsx seats fit, you just need to drill out a bit bigger hole in one of the four bracket holes for the bolt to line up. very easy. if you need an ipod direct connect, i have a slightly used one (1 week old) with the new usa-spec cable to charge the latest ipods (i have a 5g nano, this cable will charge it when plugged in). it has the module and both cables. one side goes to the stock radio empty/cd changer port in the rear, the other side plugs to the long ipod dock port. pure digital sound like a cd, very nice. and you can control some functions directly from the deck (or from the ipod depending how you set the jumper switches). i bought everything for $120 but willing to let it go for $85 shipped if youre interested. i went to aftermarket deck and have no use for it anymore. lemme know and i can post pics.
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

No problem, i'm getting the same car as you lol (in canada it's called the Si, but it's the same as the US EX). I have a 4 door right now which technically belongs to my dad, and even though i'm the only driver he won't let me customize it So i'm in the market for my own car when summer comes i'll start doin stuff to it, but i want you to keep me updated on your car, i'm pretty interested to see how it turns out!
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

damn, that's too bad, I am interested in the ipod cable, anyway you could send me a link to the product online so I can take a look at it? and i'll be sure to post photos as I start to work on it!
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

any recommendations on similar rims that would fit the car? in the honda/acura department?
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

are you asking about OEM rims?
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

Yes mainly, although I'm looking everywhere, I'm focused on Acura and Honda oem!
Old 12-14-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Welcome to the site.

Everything you listed sounds like a great idea and is entirely possible!

The new key is a good idea, I would get one too.
An Ipod connector or a new deck is a great upgrade.
The logo on any wheel can be changed to a Honda logo, they're just caps that pop off.
The 5 lug Honda/Acura rims can go on your car, thats actually on my future mod list! You just need either 4to5 lug wheel adapters or an RSX 5 lug conversion (costs around $500).
If you want to change to a red logo go for it, its your car so make it your own!
The RSX seats or EP3 seats fit, the rear RSX seats are a bit difficult to make work though.
Good call on the s2000 steering wheel, you can put in the s2000 cluster as well
Old 12-14-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

If you want to save a bit of money, but still change wheels look into older Acura wheels. They look great and are 4x100 like our civics are.
Old 12-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah getting a after market stereo will kill two birds with one stone on your list. getting a new key is going to cost you mainly because it has to be programmed at a dealership i have been quoted between $50-$100 dollars just to program a key.
Old 12-15-2010
Registered!!

Do you think the 4-5 lug conversion is worth it? Or should I just look at older Acura rims? And which ones fit that look good on the 6th generation civic? Also is there any aftermarket stereos that retain the sort of "Honda" look? Because I was planing on keeping everything in the car honda or Acura jdm or oem part? Thanks a bunch for all the feedback! It really helps!
Old 12-15-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

here is a link with reviews for the usa spec adapter i have and here are some of my pics. if you purchase mine i will already include the extra $25 upgrade cable that works with the newest gen of ipods to charge it in the car. i have the old cable i will include also, but it does not work on most newer device. mine is the black version, they come in white too. and you can hide it behind the glove box and run the wire for the ipod to the passenger seat. its a long cable. the unit also has extra pair of rca inputs if you want to hook up another music device (the signal is not as clear as the ipod direct connect however).

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11...120&tab=review

blue side goes to factory stereo

other side to ipod

Old 12-15-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by carowcliffe
Do you think the 4-5 lug conversion is worth it? Or should I just look at older Acura rims? And which ones fit that look good on the 6th generation civic? Also is there any aftermarket stereos that retain the sort of "Honda" look? Because I was planing on keeping everything in the car honda or Acura jdm or oem part? Thanks a bunch for all the feedback! It really helps!
Its worth it to me, maybe not worth it to you. For adapters its about $300, for the conversion its around $500, but the conversion is also a major brake upgrade as well.

If you want to keep the Honda/Acura look the only thing you can modify your car with is OEM Honda accessories. If you want to modify your car start looking into the options, because the Honda OEM look isn't anything special or sacred.
Old 12-15-2010
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Welcome! I have a 2004 Silver Civic Coupe if you want any ideas. Didn't really do much to it yet.
Old 12-15-2010
Registered!!

Gearbox, I will send you a pm regarding the Ipod! As too the wheels, that's a little much, I was looking in the 300$ price range for some new rims, any suggestions? I'd like the honda OEM look, but in truth, I just like or it to have a H cap in it. And sure! What are your suggestions?
Old 12-15-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

$300 isn't enough for new rims.

You get lucky on craigslist with someone getting rid of a cheap set, but make sure they're 4x100.
Old 12-15-2010
Registered!!

You're going to be paying about 150-250 for rim ($600 - $1000)
Old 12-16-2010
Registered!!

ohhhh, ok! good to know! sorry i'm new to all of this. but thanks a bunch! I'll be sure to post updates and photos as soon as I take them and get new stuff!
Old 12-17-2010
Registered!!

Lol no worries, I was way worse than u when I first got
To this forum, I didn't know what a spoiler was
Old 12-18-2010
Premium Member

did you still want the ipod adapter? i can go as low as $80 shipped.
Old 12-19-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
did you still want the ipod adapter? i can go as low as $80 shipped.
Might take you up on that offer if nobody else will. Have some questions first as I'm a noob when it comes to audio.

1. Does the CD deck have that aux input plug-in like the cassette deck? Reason I'm asking is I'd like to keep the CD as well as have the ipod connection.
2. Does this look like a factory plug? It's plugged into a Kenwood but, there are no signs of splices or cut wires and it has a tag with Japanese writing on it.
Name:  audioconnector.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  51.5 KB
Old 12-19-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

nice another silver ex!
Old 12-19-2010
Registered!!

Gearbox! Yes I am still very interested! I sent you a pm and am ready to paypal or make a deal! Just respond and let me know!
Old 12-19-2010
Premium Member

1. all 01-05 factory decks including FM stereo, cassette, and cd player have the extra cd changer port. the ipod adapter plugs into the empty port so long as you do not have a double oem setup (like a cassette on top and addon cd player on the bottom). you can only use the ipod adapter if you have a top deck and nothing below it (just pocket or empty tray). i have a factory stereo in the garage somewhere i can try and find to take pics of the back and point out which connectors go where.

2. that is for sure aftermarket connector (you can tell by the color of the wires too, oem uses very strange colors). the oem plug is blue and about twice as long. keep tracing it back and i bet you will find it plugged into the factory blue connector. they prolly used a harness adapter so they would just need to plug it in without splicing. they are rare but they exist.

Originally Posted by lazlong
Might take you up on that offer if nobody else will. Have some questions first as I'm a noob when it comes to audio.

1. Does the CD deck have that aux input plug-in like the cassette deck? Reason I'm asking is I'd like to keep the CD as well as have the ipod connection.
2. Does this look like a factory plug? It's plugged into a Kenwood but, there are no signs of splices or cut wires and it has a tag with Japanese writing on it.

Last edited by gearbox; 12-19-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-19-2010
Premium Member

okay cool! i will check it now lol

Gearbox! Yes I am still very interested! I sent you a pm and am ready to paypal or make a deal! Just respond and let me know!
Old 12-19-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
2. that is for sure aftermarket connector (you can tell by the color of the wires too, oem uses very strange colors). the oem plug is blue and about twice as long. keep tracing it back and i bet you will find it plugged into the factory blue connector. they prolly used a harness adapter so they would just need to plug it in without splicing. they are rare but they exist.
Upon further investigation it's spliced in. My luck that I have the only car where they spliced it right. I hate redoing soldered splices.
Old 12-19-2010
Premium Member

ipod adapter is sold

Quick Reply: New Here! First Car!