7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New Here! First Car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Here! First Car!

yeah that sucks. im not sure if you can even go back to oem without having the plug to splice back in. may have to stick with aftermarket. or if you find a plug at the junkyard, that would work too i guess. just a pain reconnecting all those wires.

Originally Posted by lazlong
Upon further investigation it's spliced in. My luck that I have the only car where they spliced it right. I hate redoing soldered splices.
Old 12-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah that sucks. im not sure if you can even go back to oem without having the plug to splice back in. may have to stick with aftermarket. or if you find a plug at the junkyard, that would work too i guess. just a pain reconnecting all those wires.
Will either of these work? I'm assuming it's a male connector, like the second link?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...item588b7d6a71

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Facto...item3363646939

Whatever I decide to do I'm gonna have to splice another plug in. Following the diagram isn't the part that sucks, it's soldering in the car. Last time I did some soldering in a vehicle I dropped solder in my friends A/C switch and had to replace that too.

At this point I'm leaning towards getting a new deck with an AUX jack for ipod/mp3 in the face (single DIN, I like my pocket).
Old 12-19-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the factory male in the second link is what you need. my only concern is matching up the wires. i have no idea how you will be able to do that unless maybe you have the stock radio and the pinout diagram so you can match the oem wires one at a time and then match them to that new plug (which seems to have generic color wiring). i think new deck is your best bet, it would help if you went with a kenwood since most plugs are universal for alot of their decks. just plug and play.
Old 12-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

I'm on a first name basis with one of the local salvage guys. I could go look at the radio in one of his civics (he gets a 7th gen about every 2 weeks. lol).

What do you suggest for door speakers? My driver's door speakers are fading and I'd like to replace those before I get a new deck. Deck is putting out 45w per channel.

On another note, these are still rockin the rear deck:
Name:  speakers3.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  63.5 KB
Old 12-19-2010
Premium Member

i kinda like to keep the same brand all around. idk, ive had my infinity reference since 2002 and they are a bit torn up but still sound great. i dont listen while driving anymore so they arent getting much use lately. speakers have been a pain for me because they keep cutting out due to bad connections or broken speaker wires.
Old 12-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to update you guys! I bought some of the stuff on my list! Um the first things are, Ipod Connector, Red Emblems, Black Emblems, and all weather mats and a all weather trunk mat! As well as a Red Sticker for the Steering wheel.
Old 12-21-2010
Registered!!

Also do the rear seat of the EP3 or RSX fit into the Civic? Without any modification? And whats the modification like to fit the RSX or EP3 Front seats in like? Easy? Safe?
Old 12-21-2010
Premium Member

very easy, one hole in the si/rsx seat bracket does not line up completely with the frame, so you just have to drill it out a bit bigger. those seats are quite a bit heavier than stock too if it matters to you.
Old 12-21-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The rear seats are not bolt it, the mounts need to be cut and welded to make fit. Its not to bad if you have some fabrication skills, but if you don't it might be cheaper to have a shop recover your stock seats.
Old 12-22-2010
Registered!!

Bummer, what's the best option for back leather seats or back ep3 seats? Also will EP3 seats that were modified to be on an EK fit onto my civic? Thanks again guys! Your te best!
Old 12-22-2010
Premium Member

probably not. brackets are different. and easiest way to do the back is get it done at a shop where they will change the covers.
Old 12-24-2010
Registered!!

darn, um I also found a pair with EG brackets wielded on, any chance that would fit? Also how much would changing the covers end up costing?
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

bump for that question! Also is there a detailed DIY for the installation of the seats (RSX or EP3)? I've never drilled and would need one! All the ones i've seen look over the drilling part.
Old 01-02-2011
Premium Member

you need 7thgen brackets for aftermarket seat and they are all different depending on the brand (corbeau has their own, so does sparco etc). for rsx or ep3, you just widen one of the holes on the bracket so it lines up with the bolt hole on the car. once you put the seat in place you will see what isnt lining up and just widen the hole. technically you can use a dremel with sanding bit but it might make a mess. or even a hand file if you feel like spending all day on it