7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Kpro?

Old 12-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kpro?

I've been doing research on Kpro and yes i've search the forum already and only found one thread about Kpro. Okay so Kpro is gonna cost 1K and I also have to find a RSX-S ECU ($600) to even tune my car since you cant program a D17 ECU correct?

I'm not looking for boost and i'm NOT going K series. I'm looking to only run 140Hp to the wheels thats it. Thats my goal. Is it possible to get that with Kpro and some bolt on's?

I've done research on bolt on's as well I know that i'll probably only gain 10hp because our stock ECU's dont know what to do with the extra air.

For those of you who have Kpro was it worth the money? If so can you also show some Dyno results for when you got it tuned?

Alot of questions I know.
Old 12-07-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Kpro?

Hondata is overkill if your only looking to get 140hp, you'd just be burning money that you could put towards other mods. Look into a piggy back system instead, both AEM and Greddy make them for the D17 and they will more than fill your needs.
Old 12-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Yeah, kpro will give you a great way to tune your engine, but with basic bolt ons its not going to give you much better results then what a piggy back can... but might I add, I dont know what bolt ons your going to use to get to 140...

I would get a stage 2 or stage 3 cam and valve spring upgrade from Crower, paired with hondata kpro, and you can hit that 140 number pretty easily and still keep your car very streetable without the whole turbo hassle.
Old 12-08-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

You can use base rsx or ep3 ecus as well.
Old 12-08-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You could spend on Hondata and great cams, but looks is a factor too. With a piggy back, intake, exhaust, stage 1 cam and a tune I think you would be close to 140hp.

If you seriously want Hondata you can get a used ecu for $300.
Old 12-08-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i believe the most bomerman19 ever got on a N/A motor in the wheels was 125WHP, and he had one of the most modified engines around...
Old 12-09-2010
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ Your number is wayy off. Double check that.
Old 12-09-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Find someone selling their kpro and I bet you could pick it up for about 900 bucks out the door including ecu.
Old 12-09-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TRIZ
^ Your number is wayy off. Double check that.
duh! for me.
that were the numbers with the stage 1 cam I/E/H only...
Old 12-10-2010
Registered!!

02civic1991 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the "D17 does not suck" thread some guy on there by the name of bomerman showed dyno sheets that the crower stage 3 cam wasn't worth anything and that you lose power with it so thats a no go.

I'm looking for maybe 130-140Hp i'm not asking for much at all. The D17 is for mostly economic purposes and is a reliable DD engine I know. I just want some extra passing power.

Yeah Kpro is pretty expensive I would like to find some dyno sheets of someone that has it. So far no luck in my search. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough.
Old 12-11-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Your car and bomerman's can't be compared, they're completely different circumstances. Those cars are pushing 300-400hp, your only looking to get up to 140hp. Its easy to find dyno sheets with Kpro, I could direct you to a few of them, but none pushing the 130-140hp range because K-pro to add 10hp is major over kill.

Last edited by MindBomber; 12-12-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

found - not Paul, but Bryan using stage1:
Originally Posted by ForcedFedEm2
That would be my old dyno number.. And I was on a heartbreak dyno

D17a1 bottom end
EX head
Crower Stage 1 cam
Injen SRI
Megan Header/cat-delete
Greddy Evo2 Cat-back
Stock ECU

Old 12-13-2010
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont see going k-pro with d17... I rather get a different set of rims then k-pro on d17...

If u want speed, u shouldn't bought d17...