7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

EM2 License Plate Location!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mourtzy is an unknown quantity at this point
EM2 License Plate Location!!!

Hello fellow EM2 drivers or anyone with an opinion on this topic!!!!
I have an 05 and I am torn between either leaving my license plate where it is or moving it somewhere else on the front bumper..
If I do happen to move it.. Where the heck should I?
I don't want to put it in the grill because it looks like a tooth lol. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've seen it off to the side and it looked pretty nice, I think for me, it's kinda down to 3 choices:
1. Cut the plate so that only the numbers/letters are still there (yea it's legal) and put that part of the plate in the middle of my bumper.
2. Move the plate to the side, above the fog lights.
3. Leave it as is.
Can't decide and need opinions.
Thanks guys
Old 11-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EM2 License Plate Location!!!

leave it where it belongs
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

nuxil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
leave it where it belongs
Agree, why to complicate things when there is already a place for it
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

Mourtzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nuxil
Agree, why to complicate things when there is already a place for it
Ah, just cuz I've seen them in different locations on the bumper, and honestly it can really add to the look of the car.
The EM2 looks SO much better without a plate in the front, and by moving it to the side, it can enhance the look of the bumper and show off the mouth of the car. I dunno, I just like it moved...
Thx for opinions tho
Old 12-21-2010
Registered!!

klein1121 is an unknown quantity at this point

They look way better without them, but leave it as is.
Old 12-21-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Leave it as is!!!
Old 12-21-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It looks best as is and you will get in the least trouble with the police that way, even just moving ticks some traffic cops off. If you do move it you'll need to modify the front bumper as its bumper out behind the stock license plate location. Theres a DIY on here if you need it.
Old 12-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

in my state you can get away with putting the front plate in the front window.
Old 12-22-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's legal in Canada too... its a nice thin sheet of steel to slice your head open when you get into an accident though... Not to mention the dash scratches that can happen if your not careful with it.
Old 12-22-2010
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Leave it alone man...

but if you insist.. it might be legal to just not have it on the front bumper in your state.
Old 12-22-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

if they issue two plates they mean you to use two plates as for scratching your dash you could easily put some rubber trim around the plate that would also hold it in place and cover sharp edges.
Old 12-22-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

first weight corner your car with your on the seat.
then check how much weight distributes in the corners.
when finished, verify how much wieight you need in each corner.
this will depend on driver's weight, so make sure to place your butt fully in the driver's seat and everytime the guys change sides, make sure you lean yoursels to the opposite side of the car to simulate the weight transfer.
after all calculations are done, just put your additional weight behind the license plate to compensate for the driver's weight. easy!
Old 12-22-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Don't put your plate on your dash, scratching your dash will be the least of your worries when a razor sharp piece of metal comes flying at your neck during a stop.

Quote from a Vancouver Police Officer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry
I think sticking the plate on the dash is silly and I proudly display my Olympic plate on my front bumper, but zulu, how many collisions have you attended where someone has been injured by the dash mounted licence plate?

Originally Posted by zulutango
I've been to a couple and have also talked to drivers & passengers who did not have a crash but had it slide around during "spirited turns". One guy even had his hand bandaged and said he had some stitches as a souvenier. Said he made the mistake of grabbing it as it flew towards him. Have also been told about interior damage to seats, dash etc as a result of similar situations. The edges are very sharp, even when you are holding them in a stationary car.

Last edited by MindBomber; 12-22-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

har!
i had to replace some of the plastic interior trim when my cell phone hit the side too hard during a corner (disclaimer: two way road, never even crossed the center line - am not dumb )
Old 12-22-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i never keep anything in the car that can fly around. except some stuff in the seat pocket which i doubt would ever be a problem (papers, pen, spare cell phone battery).
Old 12-24-2010
Registered!!

shwoogie420 is an unknown quantity at this point

idk about cutting the plate...i folded the bottom of my plate so it wouldnt block my front mount... all you see now is the top that says ny and the numbers...cops haven't said anything to me about that..they dont seem to care as long as its on the front
Old 12-28-2010
Registered!!

canadiankid is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so happy that in my province i do not have to put a plate on the front of my car. I think having a plate on the front of a car really wrecks the styling lines.
Old 12-28-2010
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by canadiankid
I am so happy that in my province i do not have to put a plate on the front of my car. I think having a plate on the front of a car really wrecks the styling lines.
Was going to say this myself. It's probably the only good thing about Quebec, apart from the free education thing lol
Old 12-28-2010
Registered!!

when i use to work for toyota i would cringe every time i would have to drill holes in the brand new bumpers it just didn't feel rite.
Old 12-28-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

i just wish i could change the colour of my plates. black with white letters would look sharp with the black tint and rims i have. too bad i'm stuck with white and blue letters.
Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

I actually dont mind the look of my provinces plates

Last edited by canadiankid; 12-29-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: wrong thing
Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

those smoked licence plate covers are illegal and are probable cause to be harassed by the pigs well in my state it is . i took mine off because of a huge ticket for failure to illuminate the plate and *obstruction of the plate.

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-29-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

I have to admit though after looking at some pics of front plates mounted off to the side i like the look of it.

Last edited by canadiankid; 12-29-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: wrong message
Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

I think that mounting your plate off to the side is a nice alternative.

Last edited by canadiankid; 12-29-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: wrong thing