7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

d17a1 kills b16 story

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mbrishke can only hope to improve
d17a1 kills b16 story

I like reading these, so i figured id post this.
I was driving from florida back to texas tuesday, on some random highway in louisiana when a nice looking 00 si pulled up next to me and started speeding up and slowing down as if to challenge me. He had his windows down and i could see it was a young kid, prolly 17 or so. So i reached back behind my seat and opened up my bottle.We were doing about 55.I floored it, he floored it, he immidiately started pulling on me, so i started spraying. I pulled a half a car length ahead of him and noticed a truck about 50 yards ahead of me. This is where i make a ricer mistake, i decide at the speed im pulling i should have enough time to get a car length plus on him and pull the finisher on him before catching the truck, so i let off the spray thinking i had enough acceleration to accomplish this well i was wrong, his front bumper was matched with my back when i was a car length away from the truck, leaving me with 2 options, slam on the breaks or go into the breakdown lane. i chose the breakdown lane.
Anyway, obviously im still alive so everything turned out ok, and i was able to maintain control after hitting the stupid speed grade on the brakedown lane at about 110(and my tires survived), pass the truck, and go back in without killing anyone. after the race we pulled over to talk, the first thing he said was " DUDE, MY FRIEND HAS THAT SAME CAR AND I KILL HIM, WTF?!!? " And i was suprised i didn't get any " cheater " remarks when he looked at my dash and saw the nitrous pressure gauge, lol. we sat there and talked cars for a bit, i unsuccessfully tried to convince him to trade me cars(lol, i know, but i had to atleast try, ive been looking for a 00 si FOREVER).
Also, i do realise how completely reckless i was, you don't have to tell me, and i damn sure don't recommend anyone do what i did just to win a race.
While i am not against street racing, i just think you should do it only when you can without putting anyone else's life at risk, i could have easily killed someone, and that is something id have to live with forever.
Anyway. here were the car specs

00 SI as claimed by driver:
Cold air intake
Full Exhaust(cat delete)
stage 2 cam

D17:
Short ram intake
ebay header
full magnaflow exhaust(catless)
75 shot NX kit.
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: d17a1 kills b16 story

take it to a track next time..
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Guess what? There are no trucks to run into on race tracks!
Old 11-03-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Stupid street racers
Edit:Oh and it's not much of an achievement if you beat a B16 if you're spraying NOS.And every time you street race,there is no way to avoid putting someone's life in danger.

Last edited by VTEC-4.0; 11-03-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Yea, i suspected i would get alot of these responses, i evan thought of not mentioning the dangerous pass at all, but i figured id post it to give others something to think about if their gunna decide to partake in a street race.
Will i street race again? of course, but next time its going to be on a back road with no other cars around.
We live, and learn, i was fortunate enough experience and learn without disaster.
Seriously, you younger guys especially, you think about pulling something like i did in my above story, and u think it sounds fun and awesome, but afterwards your like " wow, i could have seriously just died... "
just don't do it...
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

You were gonna get these responses regardless of whether or not you mentioned the dangerous pass. At least no one got hurt.

I'm kinda laughing because I just gave a speech advocating against street racing in my speech class
Old 11-03-2010

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

You're still risking someone's life even in the back roads,your own life and the person you're racing.
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
You're still risking someone's life even in the back roads,your own life and the person you're racing.
Plus, you never know when a cop's lurking in the shadows of a backroad.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mbrishke
Yea, i suspected i would get alot of these responses, i evan thought of not mentioning the dangerous pass at all, but i figured id post it to give others something to think about if their gunna decide to partake in a street race.
Will i street race again? of course, but next time its going to be on a back road with no other cars around.
We live, and learn, i was fortunate enough experience and learn without disaster.
Seriously, you younger guys especially, you think about pulling something like i did in my above story, and u think it sounds fun and awesome, but afterwards your like " wow, i could have seriously just died... "
just don't do it...
Dude. Seriously? You didn't learn your lesson?

And "you younger guys"?.......You're 20! You have been driving for how long?

I forget the term for it but you are obviously continuing to street race bacause you personally have never been caught or been in a serious accident. If you were more "grow up" like you seem to think you are, then you would learn from others mistakes instead of your own. Ask the 30 year olds around this forum and see if they think you are being mature.

The track is where that stuff belongs period!

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 11-03-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Dude. Seriously? You didn't learn your lesson?

And "you younger guys"?.......You're 20! You have been driving for how long?

I forget the term for it but you are obviously continuing to street race bacause you personally have never been caught or been in a serious accident. If you were more "grow up" like you seem to think you are, then you would learn from others mistakes instead of your own. Ask the 30 year olds around this forum and see if they think you are being mature.
I'm a week out from being 26.. Can I fall under that category of people to ask? lol
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

^ I think you have a mature outlook!
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
You run that same risk at a track, the only difference is its legal.
As far as legality goes, every person here tests their car on the street after they add a mod. Ive seen countless videos of respected members of this site doing pulls on the street, passing posted limits by far.
And fyi, you can get a ticket for accelerating to quickly evan if you don't break the speed limit.
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

exhibition of speed/power. Here, it's punishable by up to $1000 and/or up to 6 months in jail. I'd rather pay a $10 racing fee than chance getting caught and getting stuck with that, and possibly suspension/revocation of my license and possibly my car, as well.

At a track, it's under a controlled environment with safety personnel standing by. That's the difference. Quit trying to defend street racing. There's really no point to do so because of the amount of people against it. I'm glad you can see and have pointed out the error of your ways, and I'm also glad no one got hurt, despite your brush with fate.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

^
^ Not true.

Like I pointed out earlier there are no other drivers on cell phones or not paying attention. Intersections are one of the biggest place that accidents happen, there are no intersections on a race track. Other drivers are respectful and follow the rules on a track.

You cannot get a speeding ticket on a track.

Tracks are well maintained and have no potholes, sand, oily spots, etc.

Tracks are cleared on the side of trees or anything that you could hit and die.

There are EMT's standing by in case someone does get injured.
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
^ Not true.

Like I pointed out earlier there are no other drivers on cell phones or not paying attention. Intersections are one of the biggest place that accidents happen, there are no intersections on a race track. Other drivers are respectful and follow the rules on a track.

You cannot get a speeding ticket on a track.

Tracks are well maintained and have no potholes, sand, oily spots, etc.

Tracks are cleared on the side of trees or anything that you could hit and die.
I'm assuming the "^not true" part is aimed at OP, yes? I was confused for a second. lol
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

That's why I put two ^'s. So that it referred two posts up. I was in the middle of writing it when you posted so I had to make due.
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

And I posted when you were mid-edit
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

what about abandoned airport runways? still frown on that here? Use to do a lot of testing on those. And streetracing has been going on for decades, the only problem that arose was the young inexperienced crowd that chose the wrong place and wrong precautions. I'm not saying its safe to do, but there were less "accidents" before it became to a point where every eligible driver in the household owned a car (basically what i'm getting at is there are too many cars and people out there on the road now).

Brings back memories, racing at Swan Island and 33rd off marine drive (man i was foolish, but we blocked off roads and had radios, sorry police we had lookouts lol)

Anyone have a raised youth car accident count right after the first movie of fast and the furious came out?
Old 11-03-2010

Either way,if you're at the track it's legal.And what does street racing prove?It proves you can drive fast in a straight line and you're immature.Just give up,street racing is for losers.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

shwoogie420 is an unknown quantity at this point

come enough with this arguement already....people who street race will street race...people who are against it will be against it....this arguement is pointless...its like the special olympics...no matter who wins your still retarded
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I'm a week out from being 26.. Can I fall under that category of people to ask? lol
Even though we live in a nation of grown children a lot of people do a lot of growing up from 20 to 25. You've had your license for 10 years as opposed to 4 years at 20, that's a big difference. You fall in that category for sure. Oh, and don't worry, no matter how old you are you'll always be mommy's little baby. lol.
Old 11-03-2010

Originally Posted by shwoogie420
come enough with this arguement already....people who street race will street race...people who are against it will be against it....this arguement is pointless...its like the special olympics...no matter who wins your still retarded
I believe the street racer is retarded,not the one who oppose.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

He must have been granny shiftin’, not double clutchin’ like he should.
Old 11-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
He must have been granny shiftin’, not double clutchin’ like he should.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ExistEvolution
what about abandoned airport runways? still frown on that here? Use to do a lot of testing on those. And streetracing has been going on for decades, the only problem that arose was the young inexperienced crowd that chose the wrong place and wrong precautions. I'm not saying its safe to do, but there were less "accidents" before it became to a point where every eligible driver in the household owned a car (basically what i'm getting at is there are too many cars and people out there on the road now).

Brings back memories, racing at Swan Island and 33rd off marine drive (man i was foolish, but we blocked off roads and had radios, sorry police we had lookouts lol)

Anyone have a raised youth car accident count right after the first movie of fast and the furious came out?
Just cause people have been doing stupid **** for a long time doesn't change the fact that it's stupid!
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Hate kids like you.
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

well majority of the import scene throughout the US was born from doing the not so glamorous, never said it was safe
Old 11-04-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mbrishke
Will i street race again? of course, but next time its going to be on a back road with no other cars around.We live, and learn, i was fortunate enough experience and learn without disaster.
just don't do it...
highlighted what i do not concur, all else is good.
Old 11-04-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it doesnt stop until someone dies.
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

shwoogie420 is an unknown quantity at this point

its never going to stop.... i have had 50 year old guys race me from street light to street light and fly down the highway in there vettes and muscle cars...doing burnouts leaving there car shows..... its not just stupid kids.... look at it like this...ciggrettes kill you i mean it says it right on the box but people still by them and smoke them and kill themselves....now before i get all the hatefull responses i am not saying street racing is good or safe... im just saying its not just kids doing

Quick Reply: d17a1 kills b16 story