7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

My first car / civic please help :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My first car / civic please help :(

You don't need to get 55w.. I just said that's the most expensive version of the HID kit ddm has. Get a 35w 5000k and you'll be fine.

And retrofitting is more or less that: replacing the halogen projector with one designed for HID lighting. Alternatively, it can be installing an HID projector in a headlight housing that never had a projector to begin with (i.e. your stock reflector headlight housing)

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i...-retrofit.html
there's a great example of retrofitting the morimoto mini into a reflector housing. I only know that thread because I want to attempt that retrofit into my sister's 2010 honda fit. It also gives you an idea of the great light output it provides, and if you scroll down (post 38), it shows you the bi-xenon feature of the morimoto mini (flipping the high beam activates a solenoid to drop the shield, providing the higher beam cutoff for your high beams)

edit: if you're really worried about legality, find OEM HID components, or just buy the kit from theretrofitsource
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...315e53336bb7a0
They'll give you 4300k bulbs, which is OEM color temperature. With that kit, you get a set of ballasts, bulbs, shrouds, projectors, and even a wire harness for your OEM H4 plug. All for $300. $350 if you opt for Philips bulbs and ballasts with longer wires. $375 if you want the previous 2 options AND angel eyes.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 09-26-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for all ur help, it really means a lot and i'm learning so much (+1 Rep)

But what is Bi-Xenon??

And if i buy that kit with the angel eyes what sort of headlight housing would i need to buy?

And just as a side question, are CCFL headlights good? I read somewhere that they burn out fast and aren't as good as LED's
Old 09-26-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Thanks for all ur help, it really means a lot and i'm learning so much (+1 Rep)

But what is Bi-Xenon??

And if i buy that kit with the angel eyes what sort of headlight housing would i need to buy?

And just as a side question, are CCFL headlights good? I read somewhere that they burn out fast and aren't as good as LED's
the bi-xenon feature of the morimoto mini (flipping the high beam activates a solenoid to drop the shield, providing the higher beam cutoff for your high beams)
Old 09-26-2010
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Okay lol now what about the CCFL's vs. LED's?
Old 09-26-2010
Administrator
Administrator

My CCFLs haven't burned out yet..

Post 5 has pics of 'em
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-new-hids.html
And some video to show you what they look like.. kinda.. even though they're not the main point of the video. The CCFL is what surrounds my projector.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PijOlCLqEc
Old 09-26-2010
Registered!!

Okay i'm good to go then

If i buy a blackened version of my stock headlights will they fit in them, or do i need like a special headlight?