7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

HID help please

Old 09-27-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HID help please

Originally Posted by wannabulaklak
Aright we'll I'm installing my friends HIDs today so here goes. Such an easing thing making me scared (shiver) O_O haha jk. I'll take some pictures and post them up later. BTW the set up might be a little different since the kit didn't come with 3M double sided tape, it came with zip ties O_O! makes me laugh haha. Hopefully I can find a good spot to mount them. Oh and Kenny they sold it to us for $35.. bad? rip off? So.. lollygagger how you like your HIDs?

Hahah
Just go to an autozone, walmart, etc and pick up some 3m/loctite double sided tape.. I've gotten a lot of use from using that stuff around my car.
Old 09-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wannabulaklak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I'm sure you can hook it up anyways with those two wires
If you look at the 3 prong input on the car's harness

if u look at it straight on, it should look like

Ground wire should be the top LEFT
and low beam should be top RIGHT

As long as you plug your black wire into the left, and blue wire to right, it should work, you just wont have high beams

Alright so here's how it went. I had to do a little modifying for the light to work. To Kenny, for that diagram you showed me ^ with the black and blue wires. I had to plug the ground wire on the bottom and the blue on the right. It worked perfectly, hopefully it wont short circuit anything in the long run.

Here is a picture of how I re-wired the prongs as well with a diagram I made

[

AND

Here's some other pictures of the connections

Last edited by wannabulaklak; 09-27-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: done.
Old 09-27-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, quick note. 7thgen h4 harness is ground switching.

Name:  SDC13090.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  71.1 KB
An H4 harness I have from an old set of TYCs that I labeled for reference. The hidden +12VDC prong is to the right of the "lo -" label, as shown below
Name:  SDC13091.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  74.9 KB

so, i guess if you're staring into the female end of your car's H4 harness, it would be +12VDC, low ground (-), high ground (-)

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 09-27-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Just go to an autozone, walmart, etc and pick up some 3m/loctite double sided tape.. I've gotten a lot of use from using that stuff around my car.
Oh alright thanks for that, I might stock up on some 3M double sided tape just in case haha. I'll let my friend know as well.
Old 09-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Uh, quick note. 7thgen h4 harness is ground switching.

An H4 harness I have from an old set of TYCs that I labeled for reference. The hidden +12VDC prong is to the right of the "lo -" label, as shown below

so, i guess if you're staring into the female end of your car's H4 harness, it would be +12VDC, low ground (-), high ground (-)
That's weird.. I tried connecting it like that as well but it wouldn't work. Even with Kenny's way from that diagram he made it wouldn't work. So I tried switching it around and tried different prong settings and the one that it worked with was in the picture I just posted. I just hope it wont be a problem in the long run. :/

Last edited by wannabulaklak; 09-27-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-27-2010
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Will get the pictures tomorrow boys. Late day at work. 8-5's suck lol but I guess I should get used to it.
Old 09-27-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Last I checked in my Haynes manual wiring diagram, it was ground switching, too. I'm too lazy/busy to go to my car to find out right now. I don't even know why I'm on civicforums right now.. lol
Old 09-27-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabulaklak
Here is a picture of how I re-wired the prongs as well with a diagram I made

[
I did some research, Apparently you have a 4656 harness

It should not be a problem the way you hooked them up,
HOWEVER
Make sure you secure that harness, and it doesnt touch any metal

I would spray some clear laquer over it, or use a glue gun, something nonconductive
Or, you could wrap the whole thing in electrical tape