7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

How many o2 Sensors do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camden is an unknown quantity at this point
How many o2 Sensors do I have?

Hello,

I'm in the process of replacing my precat and postcat o2 sensors. I am wondering if there are any other sensors (that may help increase performance) that I can/should replace. My car has 125,000 kms on it. It is a 2004 Honda Civic SI (CDN). It most likely still has all the orginal sensors in it.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: How many o2 Sensors do I have?

nope no other o2 sensors

where in canada are u located?
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

I'm located in Vancouver B.C.

Now I opened my hood, I was looking down at the exhaust. About 1 foot down from the top of the engine block I located a sensor. Is that my precat or postcat sensor? Where is my cat located?
Old 09-20-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If you jack your car up and get under it, you'll see the both of them. The one at about the 90º bend of the downpipe is your pre-cat. Right before the flange to the mid-pipe is your post-cat
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Riceboy, could I convince you to take a picture of each for me please? I'm going to replace them both and I don't want to put the wrong one back in lol....

So your saying the precat is closer to the engine (follow the exhaust system) and the postcat is further away from the engine if your following the exhaust system?

So under the vehicle, looking up towards the sky, just below the exhaust manifold, thats my precat?
Old 09-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yea. If you jack up your car, it's kinda easy to find the cat. Just look for 02 sensors before and after it..

I'll see if I can get under my car.. Lol
Old 09-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Yea dude.. I tried, but it's not happening right now. When you buy them, assuming you buy Honda OEM, they're marked with their own part numbers.. Just make sure that when you get them, make sure that you mark which part number is the pre- and post-cat sensors.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 09-20-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Look here for some helping readings...
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...s-manuals.html
And no, they will not help increase performance, they will help you recover what you lost.
Anyway, don't think the O2 sensors will last that long. They "likely" have been replaced before, but not sure, only the PO will know.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

You have 16 02 sensors. One in each valve...lolololol

Get a 02 sensor socket if you don't already have one cause they are awesome!