7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2003 civic coupe rear tire rub

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlexDiduch is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 civic coupe rear tire rub

I bought a set of Tein SS-P shocks for my car and have dropped it. I put a new set of tires on and the car was working good. After i installed the Eibach camber kit i got and alligned the tires i have had a lot of rub in the back of the car. I have raised the height and still have issues. I am comtemplating modding the rear fenders so that that dont rub. I was just wondering if there is any adjustment for making the axle shorter or an adjustment to pull the tire into the wheelwell more. Thanks for your help.

Alex
Old 09-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2003 civic coupe rear tire rub

you can run negative camber i would just get the rear fenders rolled a good shop would charge around 80 dollars a side or you can rent eastwood rollers and DIY it.
Old 09-12-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Like above you can either go with negative camber or get your fenders rolled.
Old 09-12-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

x3 on the rolled fenders/negative camber. I'm rockin the same coilovers with -1º in the back

edit: I don't have rolled fenders, but I just raised it back up a little so it would stop eating my front fender linings. I'm prolly only rockin a 1.5-1.75" drop
Old 09-12-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
you can run negative camber i would just get the rear fenders rolled a good shop would charge around 80 dollars a side or you can rent eastwood rollers and DIY it.

Yeah i was thinking that I would have to roll the fenders i just wasnt sure if there was an adjustment to pull the wheel itself in when adjusting the toe, camber and caster.. thanks a lot tho I appreciate the fast response

Alex
Old 09-12-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
x3 on the rolled fenders/negative camber. I'm rockin the same coilovers with -1º in the back

edit: I don't have rolled fenders, but I just raised it back up a little so it would stop eating my front fender linings. I'm prolly only rockin a 1.5-1.75" drop

i may adjust the camber a bit i just bought new tires and just dont want to go through them super fast... how are your tires holding up with a 1 degree camber?
Old 09-12-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

They're holding up better than I expected. Actually, it's only -.5º, I think.. I forgot what I had the shop adjust it to.. lol.

I need new tires anyways because I can't stand the fact that they're not the size I want (205/50-17 instead of 215/45's) and it makes my speedometer off more than I'd like and their bigger profile has been eating my fender linings (hence the raise). That, and I'd really like to go back to using Nitto NeoGen's Those held up great to negative camber. I had to get these yokohama all seasons because my old tires couldn't take the freak winter I experienced in western WA.
Old 09-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

You could change the wheels to a different offset, or you could get different size tires.
Old 09-12-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Before I raised it back up, here's how much fender clearance I had in the back. I had ZERO rubbing issues
Name:  tire.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  64.2 KB
Notice the non-rolled fenders
Old 09-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Before I raised it back up, here's how much fender clearance I had in the back. I had ZERO rubbing issues

Notice the non-rolled fenders
Thats good to hear im running neo gens as well.. i just didnt really wanna chance them if they wore out really quick after just buying them haha
Old 09-13-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

uhn.
2 questions:
What tire size are you running?
What off-set wheels are you using? Are you using some spacers behind the wheels?