7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Please!!!

I have an 01 ex. I dont have enough money to k-swap or boost it. I would like more power, i know that an NA d17 wont be really fast. Im just look for things i can do that will make a noticeable difference, thats not crazily expensive(nothing over 1000$). Right now i have Konig rims and a system. Please Help
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

MOCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help Please!!!

Also, im only 16 but most of my friends have hondas so working on the car wont be a problem. Im having a VERY hard time finding parts for my car.
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Intake, exhaust, header and a crower stage 1 cam will give you some more power and a nice sound. The cam will run you 250-300 bucks. Go with a Megan 4 to 1 header, an ebay short ram intake with a AEM dryflow filter, and a catback of your choosing. If you get a good exhaust plus the other listed parts you will still be under a grand. Other than that you are looking at big money to get anything out of it. You also need the cam in order to make the rest worth it otherwise you get noise and no real power. I'm not sure what your looking at concrete numbers wise but it will be noticable but don't expect 50hp or anything like that. Hope that helps.
Old 08-24-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOCivic
Im just look for things i can do that will make a noticeable difference, thats not crazily expensive(nothing over 1000$).
Lol.

Edit: I was gonna go the asshat route and not say anything more, but no.. lol..

But yes, with I/H/E and a stage 1 cam on a manual tranny, you'd prolly be looking at 130whp or so.. Maybe not so much if you have an auto (A stock MT D17A2 dynos at ~110whp, auto at 90-something whp). If anything, i/h/e will make you "feel" faster, but in reality, it'll give you minimal gains and a bit more noise.

But don't feel bad. I'm running an I/H/E (full exhuast, mind you, not just cat-back) and I've been tinkering with this bitch for 8 years now. Invest in some good suspension ****, because that's where the Civic shines.

2nd Edit: My intake/header/high flow cat/cat-back setup ran me about $1300-1400 bucks, I think (AEM V2 intake, Kamikaze ceramic coated header, Random Tech high flow cat, A'PEXi WS-II cat-back exhaust)

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 08-24-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-24-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

$1000 won't get you anything noticeable in performance.I/RH/E is already near $1000 if not over.Don't expect anything on your budget.