7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

audio settings help

Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
audio settings help

ive tried but im having a bit of difficulty with my setup right now. im trying to figure out how to get the majority of the bass to come out of the sub in the trunk rather than out of my rear speakers.

i cant even really turn music up too loud because even though i have great speakers that sound crystal clear, they arent made to create loud bass and i dont want the 6x9s to pound bass when its the job of the subwoofer. when i turn the music up too loud the bass starts to sound bad because its coming out of the speakers when i dont want it to. is there anywhere that i should be messing with settings in the deck to keep the rear 6x9s loud while giving no bass out? there isnt much for settings on the amp except for the bass level which makes more and less bass out of the sub.

my setup at the moment, if it helps is a pioneer deh-5900ib deck, mtx amp, alpine s-12 sub, infinity kappa 692.9i 6x9s
Old 08-20-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: audio settings help

depends on your deck. some have all sorts of filters to adjust the sound. ofcourse the easy way is get some bass-blockers and install on whatever speaker you want.
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

have you tried putting the bass to the max and the treb in the middle. just put on a song u like and tune it how you like.
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

which amp (specifically) are you running? and are you using the same amp for the rear speakers and the sub? or you just running the rear speakers with no amp?
Old 08-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

putting bass to the max and treble to the middle is almost the complete opposite of what im trying to achieve.

dont know off the top of my head exactly which amp, but its similar to the one you see here: http://slumz.boxden.com/f22/mtx-audio-1269249/

the amp is only powering the sub, the rear speakers are just wired directly using stock wiring.
Old 08-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Is there a Subwoofer adjustment on your deck?
I can adjust my sub at the deck and at the amp.
Are you tapping into your rear speakers for the signal?