7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02CivicKing is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can I do this?

http://www.carid.com/2002-honda-civi...tor-83687.html

Can I put H.I.D kit with these aftermarkets?
Old 08-12-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I do this?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You're gonna need to do some modification to the projector itself to get the HID bulb to fit (i.e. take a dremel to the back of the projector where the bulb fits into, and making it bigger to accommodate the HID bulb.). The light output will be, well, decent, I guess, but one this I regret doing is fiddling around with HID kits in halogen projectors. With as much time, money, and effort as I've spent messing with the HID in halogen projector setup, I could have done my own retro. The light output of my retrofit is vastly better than my H1 HID kit ever was.
Old 08-12-2010
Registered!!

sam68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree after reading a lot I went with a retro kit mini mottos from the retrofit source in some stock type housings. The cost was a bit under $400 with the new housings and they told me it is easy to retro fit them in the stock type housings, more room less problems aiming them correctly, so I will be setting them up this weekend in the housings.
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

02CivicKing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sam68
I agree after reading a lot I went with a retro kit mini mottos from the retrofit source in some stock type housings. The cost was a bit under $400 with the new housings and they told me it is easy to retro fit them in the stock type housings, more room less problems aiming them correctly, so I will be setting them up this weekend in the housings.

Did you happen to look at the lights I want listed above? I went to that site you listed above and emailed them about what size I need to get. Can you post some pics of your set up and maybe the procedure you went through? Parts used or suggested as I suppose your parts will be somewhat different from what I need to order for my headlights.