7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fog lights 04 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ghonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Fog lights 04 coupe

I`m installing fog lights 04 coupe and I have an aftermarket (FL) kit.So I need to connect it to the fuse box but I want to be hooked up to the ignition.This aftermarket harness is different .I was wondering if I could plug it to the Daytime running light slot#3 or 12.Does anybody know if these two slots are prewired or connected with the igition?
Old 07-14-2010
Registered!!

mc670 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fog lights 04 coupe

i wired mine to my cigarette lighter fuse and it works fine since the power turns off with the ignition.. i'd rather them to be wired into my drl's though too.
Old 07-14-2010
Registered!!

Just to let you know I checked the two fuses #3 and #12 for the daytime RL`s with the multimeter.The #3 is always on and it doesn`t matter if the car is off.The #12 is perfect it goes on when you turn on the ignition.About a couple weeks ago I printed the fog light installation instructions from Honda at the front page it said FOG LIGHTS CANNOT BE INSTALLED IF THE VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN OPTIONAL FRONT UNDER SPOILER OR A CIGARETTE LIGHTER WITH ASHTRAY.So what you telling me is that you have no problems with the cigarette lighter fuse blowing out.
Old 07-14-2010
Registered!!

Grey Ghost will become famous soon enoughGrey Ghost will become famous soon enough

If you're okay with it, have you considered just splicing the wire with the running light (the amber corner lamp)? so when you turn on just your corner lamps, then your foglights will turn on. one less switch and wiring job to do.
Old 07-14-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ghonda
Just to let you know I checked the two fuses #3 and #12 for the daytime RL`s with the multimeter.The #3 is always on and it doesn`t matter if the car is off.The #12 is perfect it goes on when you turn on the ignition.About a couple weeks ago I printed the fog light installation instructions from Honda at the front page it said FOG LIGHTS CANNOT BE INSTALLED IF THE VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN OPTIONAL FRONT UNDER SPOILER OR A CIGARETTE LIGHTER WITH ASHTRAY.So what you telling me is that you have no problems with the cigarette lighter fuse blowing out.
Nope, i had my fogs wired like that for 4 months now and its worked perfect, no blowing fuses or anything. Keep in mind now that the wiring harness for the oem honda fogs and most aftermarket/ebay fogs are totally different. Just search the site and you should have no trouble finding a good DIY.
Old 07-15-2010
Registered!!

Also when it says you cant install them with a front underspoiler im pretty sure thats referring to the factory honda aero front lip.. although iv'e seen them installed with that lip before, you dont need to worry about this unless by some chance you do have the aero body kit on your car..
Old 07-15-2010
Registered!!

I do have the body kit because when I purchased my car new at the time I had honda put it in. I already installed the fog lights I`m done with the exterior section of the installation.I put back the bumper without the front underspoiler for now. I`ll see if I could cut the inner section of the underspoiler with the Dremel.The Honda bumper and the underspoiler have the holes for the fog lights.It will fit the bumper but not the under spoiler.As it is right now with the bumper on I`m going to make sure not to cut too much .Like I said, I think if I cut the inner section of the underspoiler it will fit over the fog lights.I`m pretty sure if I put 3M double side tape on it and screw it underneath the car the way it was I think it will do the job.So the cuts that I`ll do, it will make the holes bigger and the underspoiler will slide over the fog lamps, you won`t see the cuts because it will be behind the lamps.What do you think?
Old 07-15-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ghonda
I do have the body kit because when I purchased my car new at the time I had honda put it in. I already installed the fog lights I`m done with the exterior section of the installation.I put back the bumper without the front underspoiler for now. I`ll see if I could cut the inner section of the underspoiler with the Dremel.The Honda bumper and the underspoiler have the holes for the fog lights.It will fit the bumper but not the under spoiler.As it is right now with the bumper on I`m going to make sure not to cut too much .Like I said, I think if I cut the inner section of the underspoiler it will fit over the fog lights.I`m pretty sure if I put 3M double side tape on it and screw it underneath the car the way it was I think it will do the job.So the cuts that I`ll do, it will make the holes bigger and the underspoiler will slide over the fog lamps, you won`t see the cuts because it will be behind the lamps.What do you think?
sounds like a deace plan to me, just take your time with it so you dont cut away too much. here's a like to the car that i saw it done too on honda tech if it helps out..

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1929249
Old 03-07-2012
Registered!!

Drevloc79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 04 EX Coupe and after an aftermarket stereo install my fog lights don't work. the light on the switch doesn't light up when pushed in either. i tried looking for the fuse and think i found it but it's not blown. Any suggestions?
Old 01-17-2013
Registered!!

M00n3at3r is an unknown quantity at this point

So since we are on the topic, I got a question. I did some work on my front end where I needed to remove my bumper. I say that I am already prewired for fogs, atleast the harness is there, do I need to buy a whole kit just to put in fogs or can I get the assemblies and then put in whatever bulb I want?