7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Lowering Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomster25260 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lowering Sedan

Eibach sport lines? or pro kit? Right now I have skunk2 with 17 inch wheels. Too low, the back sags like crazy. Ive heard the sedans tend to do that, but oh well. What will look best? the 1'' drop all around or 1.5. I dont want the back to sag, but i want it to look almost even in front and back with a little clearance. Also, will i need a camber kit for the 1'' drop? or the 1.5 inch drop. I know the skunk 2 supposed 2'' drop threw my camber wayyyyyy off. Please help. thanks.
Old 06-29-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lowering Sedan

sportlines will give you a 1.4" drop all around, prokit 1" all around. I went with tein s-tech's as my first suspension setup and it gave me a happy little drop (1.3/1.4 f/r, I have an old pic of that drop if you want to see it, albeit a coupe, it'll give you an idea of what 1.4" drop looks like, with 215/45-17's as well).

I'd recommend a camber kit if you're dropping your car, regardless of how much you're dropping it.

Another thing, you're not rolling with that 2" drop on stock struts are you?
Old 06-29-2010
Registered!!

haha, yea i am bro. Havent had a problem for a couple months. Drives straight. Ok, i dont want those tein ones or whatever because theyre green. It wont match my car, i have black rims with a red pin stripe, i thought it might clash. also the sedan lowers different i hear. like my back end is tucked and the front still has clearance, i want to avoid this. as far as the camber kit goes, I dont want to have to "need" one, if the 1.4 or 1 inch drops doesnt make my tires to crooked, then ill be fine. no?
Old 06-29-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha.. my sister's the same way about springs. She doesn't want springs that don't match her purple Honda Fit. honestly, You can only see 'em if you really look for 'em.

As the camber kit goes, my camber kit supports drops up to 1.5". With that said, unless you like buying new tires a lot more often than you rightfully should, I'd highly recommend it. What's another $150-some bucks compared to a $500 set of tires?

You should also look into aftermarket struts, especially since you've been riding 2" lowered.

here's the pic I have anyways.
Name:  DSCN1236.jpg
Views: 5231
Size:  145.7 KB
Old 06-29-2010
Registered!!

Lol, what springs do u have on in that pic dude. Cuz that seems real low for only a 1.3 drop. My back tires will still tuck
Old 06-29-2010
Administrator
Administrator

that's dropped on tein s-techs with tokico blue shocks.
front closeup
Name:  DSCN1241.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  103.0 KB

rear closeup
Name:  DSCN1242.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  119.5 KB

even with the closeup, you can barely see the springs. That said, I doubt color would matter that much, unless it'll bug you deep down.
Old 06-29-2010
Registered!!

yea, it just might. idk im not trying to make any mistakes because im not buying another set of springs after this next one, wasting my money. So that drop seemed like it was more then it should be, because my front end is lowered 2.25 '' and mine seems higher then yours, did the shocks lower it more or somthing? because i dont want my car to be that low because the back will tuck in, or no?? idk. but that didnt seem much higher then my 2'' drop. Am i better off going with the 1'' or did those shocks make a diff?
Old 06-29-2010
Administrator
Administrator

nah, I got the shocks just because they were designed to handle the lowered stance. Made it a hair stiffer, too, but I really liked the way it felt. Slightly stiffer than stock, but still comfortable enough for a DD.
Old 06-30-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tomster25260
Havent had a problem for a couple months. Drives straight.
camber or shocks/struts will not affect if they ride straight,.
Camber will change your car behaviour in the limit when cornering, like when trying to avoid something.
inadequate Struts/shocks for your springs/height will be harder (uncorfortable) and bouncy in bumps and holes, even worse when they blow, which could happen faster when lowering in lowered cars.
Old 07-07-2010
Registered!!

SedanDriver is an unknown quantity at this point

here is a pic of when i got sportlines installed a long time ago on my sedan with the factory springs. It still sagged in the back with factory tires. Yes I had the camber kit installed. With aftermarket rims and 215-40-17 tires it looked very sweet. Still sagged, minimally though. The only way to correct sag is to go full coilovers, which is what i have now KW v2's.

Last edited by SedanDriver; 05-28-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2010
Registered!!

Not true. Ive seen a sedan on stock struts etc. with neuspeed sport springs. I heard and this makes sense, the reason the back sags alot is 1. the back wheel well is farther then the front, and 2. the springs that are made for our cars are mostly designed for the coupe. The coupe has a diff weight ratio then the sedan, so the back springs have to take more weight and be able to handle it. I found some neuspeed springs for my car that say they are only for the sedan, and the picture i was saying was a sedan with those springs and it looked fine.