7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where can I buy this special tool (In Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protan988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can I buy this special tool (In Canada)

Hey guys im looking to do my timing belt soon and wondering where I can buy a special crank shaft pulley removal tool. http://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-648..._ob_hi_title_0 Anyways I have looked at a few websites. Most are america shipping only. I dont want to have to spend more then $30 on this so thats really why im asking.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I buy this special tool (In Canada)

Canadian Tire should carry it, 30 bucks. That's where I got mine.
Old 06-13-2010
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know how the parts stores are up there, but you can rent stuff like that from autozone or oreilys down here.
Old 06-13-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I called a couple places but found nowhere to rent it. I could have tried harder though.
Old 06-13-2010
Registered!!

waddle313 is an unknown quantity at this point

what is that tool for? I did the timing belt on my civic w/ no special tools and it only took, maybe, 2 hours. you talkin about a d17 sohc motor right?
Old 06-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

^ How did you get the crank pulley off? 2 Hours? Not likely.
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

i just use a 1/2 impact and i think it was a 19mm socket. the crank pulley just pulled off by hand. and I'm a tech so if i was a honda guy and worked on these i would get it done in an hour. I'm a mitsu guy and i can get a timing belt done in an hour. its not a hard job if you have changed a tone of these things sir. i though two hours was a long time to do this job. a timing belt on these cars only pays 3.? to do.
Old 06-14-2010
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough

Ya your full of ****, I have a two handed impact wrench that puts out 1200ftlbs that wouldn't take that bolt off. The tool is the only way. OHHHHH but your a tech so you must have super powers.
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

lol... i guess i was just reminded why i don't come on this site.... tools like this ^ guy. Not sure if I got lucky or not, but all the hondas that I have ever changed a timing belt on I infact have used an impact to take off the crank pulley and have just had to pull the crank pulley off by hand. This wasn't meant to be an argument its just the way I do them. No super powers are needed when doing a simple job, just the correct tools. Honda crank bolts are one of the hardest bolts to get loose I understand that, but i have a decent impact to do the job.
Old 06-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

^ A lot of impacts just spin the pulley. It would take an average person with some mechanical experience I'd say at least 6 hours to do it. With some snags along the way. Sorry but your information here is pretty useless because an average person does not have an impact nearly big enough to remove the crank pulley bolt, that's why he is asking about the tool. You can brag about your abilities elsewhere.

My suggestion is to spend the money and get the tool
Old 06-14-2010
Banned

Originally Posted by waddle313
lol... i guess i was just reminded why i don't come on this site.... tools like this ^ guy. Not sure if I got lucky or not, but all the hondas that I have ever changed a timing belt on I infact have used an impact to take off the crank pulley and have just had to pull the crank pulley off by hand. This wasn't meant to be an argument its just the way I do them. No super powers are needed when doing a simple job, just the correct tools. Honda crank bolts are one of the hardest bolts to get loose I understand that, but i have a decent impact to do the job.
Don't lie to people who are looking for information is what I'm getting at. Someone is going to read your post thinking they can use an impact wrench to remove the bolt and it wont work. Prove me wrong lets see you make a video removing the bolt, should take you two seconds if you can really do it with an impact wrench.
Old 06-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

I've heard impact wrenches can work. Not realistic in a driveway though.
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

Protan988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ughhh... can people just answer my question? Besides Canadian tire is there anywhere else? A website specifically? Im really just looking to save money. Dont care about conveinence or anything.
Old 06-14-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

amazon won't ship to canada?
Old 06-14-2010
Banned

I bought mine here, dont know if they ship to Canada http://www.denlorstools.com/home/dt1...pful_tips.html
Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

well I honestly Haven't heard of this tool so I wasn't sure what it was used for, I didn't look up the procedure to change the timing belt on the car. Yes I did do this in my drive way, but I do have a rather large compressor and shop like tools at home. So i did not lie to any one. How am I supposed to know what people do and don't have access to at home? so much hate for throwing out the way i was able to get the job done. A video would be useless unless someone from this forum were to bring their car over that hasn't had a timing belt replaced since my bolt has already been broken loose it will come off easily now, but I would be more than happy to make the video if it really meant that much to you. If I was bragging I would be bashing someone for using this suggested tool.

any way. Every where I looked up this tool it was around $40 so if you can find a place to sell it for $30, like canadian tire that was previously suggested, and can be shipped to you.... i'd jump on it. Specialty tools are always ridiculously over priced.

Sorry to hijack the thread Protan988
Old 06-15-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Canadian Tire was 30 or 35 bucks, which is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere and you don't have to pay for shipping. So, you did get an answer and it's the cheapest price you will get unless you find a used one. I even found it on the website for you, most local CT's stock it.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

search ebay too. you may be able to find it cheap on there too.