7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomster25260 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seat Swap

Hey, I'm wondering what the best seats would be to swap into my em2 sedan. I know ep3 seats are easy, and Ive heard rsx. Id prefer the ep3 because I like how they look. Whats the easiest? I actually want to sit a little lower, and maybe be able to back a little farther. I'd rather see myself sitting a tiny bit lower. Need help.
Old 06-02-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seat Swap

My Sparcos sit low and hella far back.. I used to be 3-4 clicks back on the OEM seats, I'm positioned all the way forward with the sparcos.. My 5'2" sister has trouble reaching the pedals comfortably.
Old 06-02-2010
Registered!!

Ok, I dont want to go with sparco and stuff like that. Do you know how the ep3 ones sit? and will it work in the sedan?
Old 06-03-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

they are basically stock style seats and will be the same as what you have now. if you want lower, gotta go aftermarket (sparco, corbeau, etc) with new brackets. ep3 and rsx seats are also very heavy. i would not recommend getting new seats just for the looks.
Old 06-03-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
they are basically stock style seats and will be the same as what you have now. if you want lower, gotta go aftermarket (sparco, corbeau, etc) with new brackets. ep3 and rsx seats are also very heavy. i would not recommend getting new seats just for the looks.
heavier than what is in there stock?
Old 06-03-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, rsx leathers are the worst at over 60 lbs each (with side airbag). our stock seats are around 30 lbs, some of the lightest. the ep3 and rsx cloth are still more, i think 40-50 lbs. most aftermarket seats (good ones with padding and height adjust) are no more than 25 lbs.
Old 06-03-2010
Registered!!

Well, it wont just be for looks. My seat when i bought it rocked like crazy, I replaced the bushings and now its better. But it still feels loose and cheap. Not very comfortable either. I read somewhere that the ep3 seats do sit a little lower, and Ive also read they sit higher. I don't really think the extra 10 pounds for the ep3 seats will make a diff. plus i heard their really easy to install.
Old 06-03-2010
Premium Member

well make sure if you get them for comfort, that you enjoy sitting in it. i personally cant sit in either ep3 or rsx seats for more than a short drive, doesnt feel good. i recommend actually finding an ep3 and sitting inside to be sure you like em if you plan to spend all the time and money. and yeah install isnt bad, three bolts go right in and the fourth you need to drill out the bracket hole so it lines up with the bolt threads on the car.
Old 06-03-2010
Registered!!

Ok, thanks gearbox. Do you know how they will sit? higher, lower, farther back etc. and even being a sedan they'll fit? idk if it will make a diff cuz of the brackets or somthing.
Old 06-04-2010
Premium Member

yeah they should fit other than modding one bolt hole. coupe and sedan is the same. when i sat in em, it felt like a regular stock seat height. im not sure if they have adjustable height or not, but they sit nowhere near as low as a racing seat (which sits several inches lower, since the bracket is almost touching the floor).