7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Emblem painting!!! For my em2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmeza7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Emblem painting!!! For my em2

Anyone know what paint to use on emblem on a em2 I want to paint my black but I want to leave it shiny black jus the Honda emblems and the civic one please pm me and let me know thanks!!!
Old 05-18-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Emblem painting!!! For my em2

should be able to pull it off with any rattle can.. My dad has an epoxy appliance spray paint from rustoleum that leaves a nice shiny finish. I don't know if it's necessary, but I'd lightly sand 'em down with some high grit sandpaper just to roughen up the surface so the paint will stick better. Those things are only made of plastic, you know
Old 05-18-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

use duplicolor metalcast SMOKE paint. it was designed to be painted directly on chrome and it will stick perfectly unlike other paints. just keep adding more coats until you get the darkness you want. the chrome will still come thru and keep the shine. this is with 10 coats of smoke metalcast after drying.

Name:  mcsmoke4.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  49.5 KB
Old 05-18-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

oOOOooo... Shiny.. I think I may do that now..
Old 05-18-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it looks great on dark cars. rear H is kinda a pain to remove, you might be able to spray it on the car if youre careful and mask off everything and slide papers under the emblem to protect the car paint. otherwise it has stick tape and two pegs. you might break it trying to pull it off.
Old 05-18-2010
Administrator
Administrator

My rear H fell off a long time ago and I used small strips of 3M double sided tape to stick it on.. So it might be more of a PITA to take off now.. I had a civic emblem on my fuse box and when I tried to take it off to re-paint my fuse box, the thing broke.. So I might just eBay some new emblems and try it out.
Old 05-18-2010
Administrator
Administrator

n/m on the ebay-ness. ****'s cheaper @ majestic honda..

Getting the same part numbers and whatnot, that is..
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

MonKy is an unknown quantity at this point

the "chrome" paint is starting to flake off on mine & was wondering if i wanted to paint it should i sand/prime/paint or would painting it w/ duplicolor metalcast smoke paint alone be fine?
Old 05-19-2010
Premium Member

better to get the original chrome off first and use a regular paint, since you said its peeling already.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

MonKy is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thanx.. gonna try that