7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Yup...HID Question Again...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newjd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup...HID Question Again...

So after searching and searching and searching and searching...oh yeah...and more searching...I still can't find a couple of answers to my HID needs.

So, I'm buying from the ddmtuning.com website which according Triz is awesome, but to Gearbox is shifty...but hopefully they'll come through. I'm going to buy the extra wiring harness so I don't have to use the crap thin stock wire harnesses. I'm going to be getting H11 HID's for my fog lights and 9006 HID's for my low beam headlights on my stock headlight setup...(yes I'll try and re-aim but glare is inevitable). So I'm buying two wiring harnesses for each HID setup for the headlights and fog lights, but what I need to know is do I have to splice the wiring harness to the current thin wires, if so how?...never done splicing before. Finally, is 10000k really too blue?...lol...

Sure I'll have more questions, but I appreciate any answer to this.
Old 05-05-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yup...HID Question Again...

the wire harness should be a pnp type that will plug to the stock connector with no splicing if its made right. and i wouldnt go anything above 6000K if you want color. it will be dimmer than halogen. the brightest is 4300K (around 3400 lumens) and once you go higher you start losing alot of light. 6000K is only 2400 lumens, thats barely brighter than a halogen bulb.
Old 05-05-2010
Registered!!

Alright so I should be good...What you think I should do gear because I'm thinking about buying projector headlights...i know people say they're crap, especially the lens within it, but i think with the amount of output from an 8000k HID it'll be plenty of light and considering I live in vegas...i got lights everywhere!...lol...no dark streets anywhere near me...
Old 05-05-2010
Registered!!

Because I don't even know where to start of how to build a retrofit...wish I could...
Old 05-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would get 6000k 8000k is way to blue 6000k is a perfect mix of bluish tint and light output. i have ddm hids they work good for the price the only problem with them is there shipping takes fore ever so i hope you don't mind waiting but since your fairly close to california maybe it wont take so long. it took them a month to get to connecticut.
Old 05-06-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ddm is cheap enough that its worth trying, even if it only lasts for 6 months, its about what a pair of halogen bulbs would cost if you got some silverstar ultras. hid in those aftermarket projectors isnt great, but prolly enough to see with. at least it wont glare like reflector does. if you get adventurous you could try swapping the halogen projector with hid version down the road. its really not as hard as people make it out to be. you just take the old one out, bolt in a new one and make it adjustable, then get some oem bulbs and ballasts and aim it. check hidplanet.com/forums for more details.
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Bumpin a week old thread just because there's really nothing else goin on CF..

But I have a DDM 8000k 55w kit in my civic, and I'm located in Vegas, too.. the higher wattage washes a bit of the blue color out so it appears more white than blue.. I also have a set of 5000K bulbs H1 bulbs laying around for ***** and giggles, in case I get tired of blue-ish lights.

What part of Vegas you in?
Old 05-17-2010
Registered!!

That's why I'm thinking about the 10000k kit...still not sure...

I'm in the southern part kinda by the South Point...where you stay?...
Old 05-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm over in the northwest, just outside summerlin.

If I ever get around to fixing the cutoff on my passenger side, I'll snap some pics