7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID ground question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
HID ground question.

my DDM kit sometimes doesn't fire on the first try but always turns on the second time and never gives me problems when there running . i am using a realay harness that i grounded to the battery terminal could this be the cause of the problem should i ground it to the frame. and i have plenty of battery power.
Old 05-03-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HID ground question.

weird.. I'm running a DDM kit with their relay harness, too.. I got the slim ballasts.

Only difference is I got it grounded to the frame. I doubt it should make a difference though.. Dummy check your connections?
Old 05-03-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

shouldnt matter. maybe the wire in the harness isnt thick enough? on startup, both ballasts draw alot of power but once they stay on for a minute, it drops down to normal 35w (or 50w depending on the kit). but the initial startup is what requires good thick power cables to ignite the bulb.
Old 05-03-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the wire kit is also from ddm so i don't think thats the problem ow well its just a minor inconvenience that is a annoyance but tolerable.
Old 05-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Which kit you get? The slim or raptor?

THe slims are digital and have very little power draw (rates 6A on startus, 3.4A constant), so thats probably why I haven't had a problem.
Old 05-03-2010
Registered!!

apexcone raptor.also i noticed that it does fire but doesn't get to its normal brightness it kinda stays in limbo till i switch it off then on again.

Last edited by lowlife9; 05-03-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ondalow01 has a spectacular aura aboutondalow01 has a spectacular aura about

I would change the ground position, its just one bolt. who knows it may fix the problem.
Old 05-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I'd e-amil DDM tuning and ask them for advice..

Have you tried using their troubleshooting guide?