7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

is anyone using this header

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mbrishke can only hope to improve
is anyone using this header

http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Exhau...-/AM-17307335/
was thinking about getting this, anyone using it?
Old 04-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Re: is anyone using this header

i dont think anybody uses that. whats the point of getting that unless you are going to get a brand new downpipe without cat converter? if you try to put that with your stock system youre going to have two cat converters and be setting check engine lights off everywhere. you would also need to get sensor extensions if you want that thing.

also, it doesnt even look like it fits an ex model properly because its too long and angled at the bottom unless you got a completely custom downpipe. and it wont fit dx/lx models because its just not long enough (unless again, you get a custom downpipe).

also $300+ ?????

there are way better options out there man.
Old 04-19-2010
Registered!!

@untuned, i have an 02 lx, sorry i should have stated that, i just figured anyone who looked at it would know i had a dx/lx because why else would i be asking about a header with a built in cat...
Old 04-19-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

a few people have it here, im not sure on the quality tho. but since the oem one always cracks anyway, it cant be much worse if it stays together.
Old 04-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

why not just get a megan header and just have a universal cat welded on just incase that thing sucks and cracks then you have to buy a new one.
Old 04-20-2010
Registered!!

thanks gearbox, iv'e been reading a-lot of the posts on these forums, you seem to be one of the most helpful members.
and lowlife, ive been thinking about that to, im just kinda exploring my options, i was originally planning on going with a cheaper cat-less header until i came acrossed that one in these forums somewhere.
im just wondering if its a direct fit, looking at the pic, it looks a bit bigger than the oem one, and theres not much room in there....
Old 04-20-2010
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

well i figured you had a dx/lx but you would be amazed at how oblivious some people on here are, i wanted to make sure you werent buying the wrong one.

but like i said, thats a very expensive header, you can get several brand name performance headers for half that price.
Old 04-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

plus how good is the cat on that thing i would just weld a universal on.
Old 04-20-2010
Registered!!

i guess ill get a header without the cat that will fit the lx, and then get a universal cat welded on and get a extension for the secondary 02 sensor.
anything else im forgetting?

Last edited by mbrishke; 04-20-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2010
Registered!!

no thats all.

if you can get the guy in the shop to do a good custom job though, he might be able to get the cat in the right place and avoid the need for the sensor extension, but it would be good to have just incase.