7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I want it... What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough
I want it... What do you guys think?

Found this on ebay... Let me know what ya think.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/godsp...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-06-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I want it... What do you guys think?

you get what you pay for. though i haven't seen anyone use that kit yet. looks like a dezod copy though. you'll definately need some better type of engine management too.
Old 04-06-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard bad things about ebay kits man. Search em up:

http://www.forums.clubel.ca/showthread.php?t=28671
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1873799
http://www.d-series.org/forums/force...turbo-kit.html
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f42/...oolers-533730/

Some good and some bad there. Ebay is always risky if you ask me.
Old 04-06-2010

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HLC
you get what you pay for. though i haven't seen anyone use that kit yet. looks like a dezod copy though. you'll definately need some better type of engine management too.
Yeah, believe me I know that! I know ill need some ems, but I was thinking the same thing as you. It looked like a Dezod stripped kit copy.

Originally Posted by tbohar
Yeah tbohar, I've done some research, and im thinking that if I used it as a base, and added a couple things that look cheap, then maybe I could get away with a new kit for under 2 g's.
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

hell no didn't you just rebuild your engine ???
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

seoul4korea can only hope to improve

Just to let everyone know Godspeed turbo equipment is finding it's way in alot of different cars. Supra's are are starting to get good numbers with godspeed products. I haven't really used anything from Godspeed. I will say Ebay does have it's enemies but in this case it looks like an alright kit. But as stated above you will need fuel tuning (duh) and some form of engine management. I did notice the pipes for the intercooler are small. It wouldn't be rated very high so the IE prob. isn't that great. The exhaste pipe is tiny!!

The kit maybe $1000+ but the price for the redoing your fuel system, engine management, and tuning is gonna be kind of costly. But I can say that Godspeed is making a name for itself. Just do some more research before you buy. the piping is really small so i'd be worried about the limit of the kit itself.
Old 04-06-2010

Originally Posted by lowlife9
hell no didn't you just rebuild your engine ???
I actually just put in a low mileage engine, and am rebuilding my old one for boost. Im trying to save a little bit of feddy for the project as a whole. But I also dont want to buy something that im just gonna have to throw away cause its junk ya know.
Old 04-06-2010

Originally Posted by seoul4korea
Just to let everyone know Godspeed turbo equipment is finding it's way in alot of different cars. Supra's are are starting to get good numbers with godspeed products. I haven't really used anything from Godspeed. I will say Ebay does have it's enemies but in this case it looks like an alright kit. But as stated above you will need fuel tuning (duh) and some form of engine management. I did notice the pipes for the intercooler are small. It wouldn't be rated very high so the IE prob. isn't that great. The exhaste pipe is tiny!!

The kit maybe $1000+ but the price for the redoing your fuel system, engine management, and tuning is gonna be kind of costly. But I can say that Godspeed is making a name for itself. Just do some more research before you buy. the piping is really small so i'd be worried about the limit of the kit itself.
Thats what I hear man! Godspeed is startin to do some thangs, and maybe I could be a part of it! But Ebay always worries me. Anyone can slap a name on it and call it what they wanna cal it ya know. I really appreciate all the info from you guys. This forum is like a whole crap load tuners at my command! I love it! Keep the info comin! Props all! Anyone I can give rep to, I definetly will.
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i dont know man i wouldn't want you to regret this but its up to you.i would say you have a 50/50 chance with nothing going wrong with this kit in the long run just like any ebay product.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-06-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-06-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Ebay turbos are pretty good but they do not last long as the others. And ya sometimes with these you can have things go wrong and stuff but like said above you get what you pay for.

I know a couple of people that has got ebay turbos and so far they have been good to them and all but its better to get the real things even though they are alot more money.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

get a garret =]
Old 04-07-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

1000 dollars is an expensive gamble man... a very expensive one. Especially when you can cause thousands more damage with it.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

read this about garret turbo's.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1936851
Old 04-07-2010

WOW! Good read lowlife9! I am VERY glad I read that! I cant believe it! The staple in the turbo market DEAD! Sucks man thats for sure.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
Yup the same thing was posted on all of the Supra forums too.

Agreed with what everyone saying about saying it's a chance. Like I said you need to research EVERY thing first. I'd even call Godspeed and ask them and see what they say about the kit. Also keep in mind what I said before.... Fuel tuning and get the right upgrades and you'll be fine. Make sure you tune off of a wideband and get the right gauges. Don't go cheap either. I once gave someone a cheap manuel boost controller off of my first supra. I just got the supra and was scared to use it because I didn't trust it. Well I gave it to a friend of mine and he put it in his supra and after around 8-10 pulls of trying to get it dialed in he blew his turbo and jumped 4 teeth on his timing belt.
Old 04-07-2010
Whachya lookin at?

^ Sounds like your friend got lucky. Was the engine okay??? If it was that could have been MUCH worse!
Old 04-08-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

ehh don't believe everything you hear on the net, i'll keep that article in mind low but i'm going to investigate that
Old 04-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sounds very plausible to me. thats what big companies do to make money. and what would he gain by posting that if it was fake. he did not even mention a better brand of turbo you should buy instead.
Old 04-08-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tbohar
^ Sounds like your friend got lucky. Was the engine okay??? If it was that could have been MUCH worse!
He never worked the bugs out and sold it.