7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finally saved up :) ...lowering my ride :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gudoffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Finally saved up :) ...lowering my ride :)

Hi guys, i finally saved up around $600 and decided to lower my car...

I know people posted this kind of topic before what should i get and bla bla...but i actually am gna lower it soon times...so just wanted a more realistic suggestion because well, im gna buy em

I want lowering springs for my 01 civic cause well coil-overs is just pure stiff and roads arent that bad in my area but i do bump into a bunch of bumpy roads and construction zones.

I'm getting the Wing West G5 Lip kit on it as well...so I just want to know how low should i go ? The lip kit is more or less of a mini body kit...

Here is a sample picture of the kit...and this is a sample car too...

Was thinking of 1.5 inch drop all around since i got the G5 lip kit and plus the roads bumpy, some construction, i wouldn't want to damage the lip kit...

So what should i grab, Tein S springs with which shocks? or should i get skunk 2 and go lower....or what can i do within that budget?

also,

The chamber kit, is needed so the wheels thread is same and even... right? which one? front and back ? thanks guys

(also posted this on CF ...HT...TC)

Thanks guys
Old 03-31-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Finally saved up :) ...lowering my ride :)

you cant say all coilovers are stiff if i was you i would keep saving for fully adjustable coil overs like progress they are very comfortable and you can order custom spring rates and shorter springs if you wanted to go lower considering there onley 900 dollars. and i would get ingalls or SPC camber kit.
Old 03-31-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna need more dough for a proper lowering job
Old 03-31-2010
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

600$ for springs n struts, what a waste of money. Go for coilovers you won't regret it, i have had tein s tech n tokico and wow i don't miss them one bit compared to my d2's
Old 04-01-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

eibach sportline, 1.4 inch drop and you can use your factory struts. They are also a quality spring.

They're not too stiff of a ride, but anytime you lower your vehicle it will change ride characteristics, typically lowering it will get more stiff so you don't bottom out while you're driving.
Old 04-05-2010
Registered!!

true...but how low should i go with a stock 01 civic with G5 wing west lip kit ... ?
Old 04-05-2010
Registered!!

we'll i want a ride that is not too stiff...so i heard and somewhat experienced that lowering springs and shocks i can manage for 600 - 700 bucks and they will not be as stiff and will give me the drop i want and add to my handling...

coil-overs so far, i've heard the positive that i can drop the car and change height...other than that, cant say much....

thats why i need help... tokico blues i heard of from a few people and also yellows....whats better?

and im thinking of throwing the car on 17inch rims...
gudoffer is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

just low enough that evens out the gap at fender wells, its the most sensible for daily driving.
Old 04-06-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Stock struts can't handle any kind of a drop... even 1.4 you will blow them in about a year, max.
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tbohar
Stock struts can't handle any kind of a drop... even 1.4 you will blow them in about a year, max.

i never had a blown factory strut with eibach springs, that you can also by eibach springs from honda dealer