7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do you remove a JVC head deck and install an Kenwood deck into an 02 Ex

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Re: How do you remove a JVC head deck and install an Kenwood deck into an 02 Ex

ok i ended the mystery to all of this. i did this earlier this week. i never had my 'power antenna' wire hooked up, i just had it taped off, and as i was saying i had crappy reception.

i took apart my dash and everything and left everything plugged in and turned the radio on. as i was listening, i touched the (blue) power antenna wire to the taped off blue and white wire on my aftermarket harness and the reception went a million times better. i untouched and it got fuzzy, then touched it again and it sounded way better. so it obviously works. i connected the two and put everything back together, and now my radio sounds a million times better. its like a night and day difference.

so yes you need to connect the power antenna wire. without it you will still get reception, but with it you will get WAY better reception. also, my AM radio BARELY worked before and only when i was at the top of a hill. now it sounds crystal clear.

if your aftermarket harness has a blue wire with white stripe, connect your power antenna wire to that. if you dont have it, i would say you should be able to connect it to the ignition power and it should work. and no it shouldnt need its own ground because its connected into the harness which has a ground already supplied to it.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do you remove a JVC head deck and install an Kenwood deck into an 02 Ex

unTuned the blue and white stripe wire do u happn to know what its name or description is? ima try tomorrow