7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Performance & Looks Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Performance & Looks Cheap

Hey i have a 7th gen d17a2 civic i already put a AEM v2 cold air intake and a kamakazi header with a straight pipe, but I want to get a little more power outa her, but like every1 else im on a budget. And i'm gettin some hids but how do i know if they fit my after market headlights. PM me if u have ny suggestions to my problemas. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1017091454.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	77909  
Old 02-08-2010
HLC
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Performance & Looks Cheap

well, first of all, welcome. not to split hairs here, but thats a short ram intake, not a CAI. getting more power out of the 'vic is either boost or swap; theres really not much you can do N/A to get more power cheaply. otherwise, HID's as far as i know are generally bulbs with voltage regulators (to up the voltage). They pretty much fit anything.
Old 02-08-2010
Registered!!

seoul4korea can only hope to improve
Exclamation Re: Performance & Looks Cheap

Originally Posted by HLC
well, first of all, welcome. not to split hairs here, but thats a short ram intake, not a CAI. getting more power out of the 'vic is either boost or swap; theres really not much you can do N/A to get more power cheaply. otherwise, HID's as far as i know are generally bulbs with voltage regulators (to up the voltage). They pretty much fit anything.
+1
Old 02-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

it would help if we knew what after market headlights you have oem or projectors ??? take the bulb out and see what it is. if they are projectors you run the risk of melting the plastic lens in the headlight but some i believe use a smaller bulb.

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-08-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

Vilex is an unknown quantity at this point

You can buy my nitrous kit and shave 2 seconds off your 1/4 time! lol.. And get 100 more tq and about 50~60 more hp depending on your mods.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

Newjd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

how much you want for the kit?
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

$550 shipped. Just check my for sale thread. Everything is posted in there, it's a complete kit with about everything you could ask for in a Nitrous kit. Purge kit, bottle heater, nitrous pressure gauge, pressure gauge on the bottle, 55, 65, and 75 jets, 1 step colder sparks plugs, the works.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

When i said cheap i ment like less than 1000 or so, but yes your right not all V2 systems are cold air intakes. AEM tests each individual application and designs the system for maximum power. But isn’t there an e-mange system that would allow me to bump up the air/fuel ratio wouldn’t that give me more power? I’ve always been iffy about getting that kind of mod but is it worth it, I plan (Not any time this year) to drop in a k20a2 rsx engine in there but I’m gonna wait till after I finish my 2 year associates.
The nitrus does sound nice but isnt that dangerous?
And yeah i have anzo projector headlights but im goin to buy a set of pro design halo projectors
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Crower Stage 1 cam drops right in.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

wut about fuel injection because if i wanted to put a new cam wouldnt i have to take the head off or could i go like bigger fuel rail, harder fuel pump, a fuel rgulater that lets in more fuel and wider lines, n fuel injectors?
i should of picked my words better, i want the biggest bang for my buck without for ex: getting a turbo n over heating the engine, n throwing connecting rods through the block kinda thing.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

Nope. Nitrous is only dangerous if your stupid and don't use it right. I've been running it for 8 months and gone through about 4-5 bottles and no problems at all.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about tuning unless your doing a hardcore N/A build or turbo. Same with the injectors and whatnot. Hell i'm running nitrous and don't even have the walbro fuel pump. I'm not even close to maxing out my injectors, so it's not a big deal, and that kind of stuff like the fuel rail, bigger injectors and stuff won't really help or matter unless your boosted, or doing some serious mods.

And it all depends on your goals/gains. If you want some good power, go stage 2, and tuning. If you just want some little power to putt around with, go stage 1, I/H/E.
Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

So you are adding more fuel with out adding more air? Use the search function.
Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!

alright i think this is wut im gonna do
im going to get the pro design projector halo from pro civic With Hids
get stage one crower cams and a stage 2 NX nitrus kit
ny1 know where i could ny of this cheap except HIDS i have a great hook up
Old 02-10-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

NITROUS!!!! NITROUS!!! i LOVE THE BOTTLE!!!
Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!

when n how do i use the nitrus like rpm gear wise.
installation??
Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!

when n how do i use nitrus like rpm wise
n installation??
Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

If you plan to do a k-swap in the near future, your best investment will be k-pro. You can pick up a stage 1 crower cam for a few hundred dollars used and then k-pro will allow you to tune it for maximum power. The real bonus is that, you can use the same k-pro for the k series motor. Personally I advise against the headlights. I bought a set long ago, but after a year or two they start to look like poop and get old quickly. Grab an extra set of oem headlights and do a true HID retrofit with some tsx, s2000 etc. projectors, that is by far the best way to go for HID.

As for the nitrous... eh.. whatever you want to do, but you are better off saving for the swap. I went boost instead of nitrous, but it's your call. K-pro will still be the best option for that as well.
Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by EM2 Rookie
when n how do i use nitrus like rpm wise
n installation??
I use mine at 3k rpm. I arm the switch, and when you go WOT is when it activates. The installation is fairly straight forward. I was scared as hell to install it, but once a friend and I started doing it, it wasn't really that bad.

Check out my for sale thread if you wanna give it a try. I love nitrous and all, and it's a GREAT power booster for the money, but I kinda just wanna run a low boost setup. Time for something different. I gotta admit, getting a little over 100 more torque from nitrous is frickin' insane..
Old 02-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by baron340
You can pick up a stage 1 crower cam for a few hundred dollars used and then k-pro will allow you to tune it for maximum power. The real bonus is that, you can use the same k-pro for the k series motor. Personally I advise against the headlights. I bought a set long ago, but after a year or two they start to look like poop and get old quickly. Grab an extra set of oem headlights and do a true HID retrofit with some tsx, s2000 etc. projectors, that is by far the best way to go for HID.
so when u say they look like poop what exactly do you mean?
i can get a kpro n use it on a D17a2?
i wanna do a K20A2 swap but i just not all that sure wut all i need to complete it, but doin it perfectly not half ***.
i wanted to get those projectors cause they have blue led halos for the driving lights n thats so sexy.
i guess ill prob get a cam n kpro
Old 02-13-2010
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, k-pro will run a d17 engine, you just have to use the special cam gear that they sell with it. It's an adjustable cam gear made by AEM especially for hondata, the cam trigger is on the opposite side. My headlights first had problems with the film coating on the surface of the lens. It started peeling off and so I wet sanded and polished them up. After that they would haze every few months. Now the lens has very fine cracks inside the plastic all over the lenses. I like the look of halos too, but not on a civic. IMHO it just looks fake, on a BMW it looks great, but the look just doesn't flow on a honda.
Old 02-15-2010

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, my RPM switch kicks at 3k. When I first got my nitrous kit installed I didnt have the switch and went WOT off the line... And toasted a plug, as well as got smoked in the race cause I couldnt get my rubber to grip! Nitrous is cheap and fun. But in the end, you will want to boost... I am swapping out my engine, so I can strip my old d17 and prep for boost. Complete d17 overhaul for turbo! Im also gonna see if there is a way for me to fortify my tranny to take all that torque. It'll take me a couple years, but when its done, ill have the strongest, fastest, d17 in the Salty Dog baby!!!
Old 02-15-2010

And as far as the Halos not flowing on the em2's well I disagree! Take a look!
Name:  halos.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  40.6 KB
Old 02-16-2010
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

why is there NOS on your grille, no offense thats really rice, but to his there own i guess...

the D17 engine isnt known for its performance, and basic engine mods like I/H/E dont really add much or any power at all. Sites will tell you 10-14HP etc, its false. You have an intake and headers, sure upgrade the exhaust say magnaflow or apexi (dont do a fart can/coffee can), maybe jump for a Stage 1 Crower Cam but IMO work on suspension, nice set of coilovers or just a lowering kit, stabilizer bars, etc.
Old 02-16-2010

Yeah the NOS symbol was a joke for a buddy of mine... Trust me, it come off as quickly as it went on.
Old 02-16-2010
Registered!!

those halos do look sexy as hell but the ones im lookin at have blue led halos, but r ur low beams HID or stock?
Like i said before im savin up for a k20a2 engine/6spd tranny swp but i just wanted some quick n easy mods for now, im about to get a full cat back exaust and probly gonna sell my straight pipe when i get it, not now but later...
Old 02-16-2010
Registered!!

http://www.procivic.com/pages-popup_..._selected=1620
Old 02-17-2010

NICE!!!
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having all those blue lights in there might get you pulled over
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

please lord do not put those ugly POS lights on your car
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

bebo421 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baron340

please lord do not put those ugly POS lights on your car
man those lights are sick

Quick Reply: Performance & Looks Cheap