7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

eBay?!

Old 01-31-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swood2891 is an unknown quantity at this point
eBay?!

can anyone recommend some eBay stores that sell headlights, grills, taillights that are quality products and affordable? i know that doesn't really go together esp talking about ebay stores, but maybe the closest thing to it :P
thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: eBay?!

Just search for the parts you need, ebay usually has legit stuff. I have got some stuff off ebay and everything was legit.
Old 01-31-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

The type-r grill for our cars is the same from every seller.. so just pick the lowest price.
Old 01-31-2010
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yea you would be surprised. the majority of companies that sell from magazines or websites also sell on ebay under different names, so its the exact same stuff, shipped from the same place, made by the same manufacturer. all the type-r abs plastic grills are the same. as for headlights/tail lights, just make sure you get a good brand like Depot, Sonar, or TYC. dont get the no named garbage brand ones or they will look like crap after a few months from moisture.

**note**

this is only for cosmetic parts for your car like lights, grills, trims, and stuff like that. if you want mechanical or engine parts, you should get it from a reputable company.

Last edited by unTuned; 01-31-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2010
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had the worst experience with ebay and buying stuff for my car. I've wasted money on:

Taillight Blackout film- $20 - looked good for 20 minutes until I took it on the road and one came off
Ractive black chrome pedal covers- $20 - gas pedal wouldn't attach w/o drilling (not for me) and pedals were more burgundy than black.
OEM Exhast Finisher- $22 - wouldn't secure with hardware included. bought a new bolt and the things still rattled off while driving.

I'm pretty close to just giving up on it, but for some damn reason I make stupid impulse buys on there all the time...

But I'm sure if I did some research before committing to buy I wouldn't end up throwing money away. There are usually reviews up, and that can help avoid bad sellers/quality.
Old 02-01-2010
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by CoupedUp04
I've had the worst experience with ebay and buying stuff for my car. I've wasted money on:

Taillight Blackout film- $20 - looked good for 20 minutes until I took it on the road and one came off
Ractive black chrome pedal covers- $20 - gas pedal wouldn't attach w/o drilling (not for me) and pedals were more burgundy than black.
OEM Exhast Finisher- $22 - wouldn't secure with hardware included. bought a new bolt and the things still rattled off while driving.

I'm pretty close to just giving up on it, but for some damn reason I make stupid impulse buys on there all the time...

But I'm sure if I did some research before committing to buy I wouldn't end up throwing money away. There are usually reviews up, and that can help avoid bad sellers/quality.
Okay, three questions..
1) Did you properly clean the taillights (say, alcohol and let them dry) before applying the film, and apply the film correctly?
2) How else did you expect the pedal to attach safely? All the pedals are either drilled or riveted. I have the same ones from the CTR and they are riveted and drilled into the stock pedals.
3) You know, that exhaust finisher rattling off was probably the best thing that happened to your exhaust... (Those things look dumb from the side and cheapen the exhaust, imo)

There is cheap crap on ebay, just as there is cheap crap in real life... the problem is you cant inspect it and look it over and get a good understanding right away when you visit a page with products. More often then not I'm contacting sellers and asking questions and making sure I know the product inside and out before I purchase.

If you try to get a hold of an ebay seller and they dont respond, you dont wanna do business with them because if you do have a problem, then you cant get them to fix it. Ebay isnt as scary as some people make it out to be with their horror stories. Just use good judgement and do your research and you'll be fine. Always look for warranty info and previous customer feedback- especially the negative feedback.
Old 02-01-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Okay, three questions..
1) Did you properly clean the taillights (say, alcohol and let them dry) before applying the film, and apply the film correctly?
2) How else did you expect the pedal to attach safely? All the pedals are either drilled or riveted. I have the same ones from the CTR and they are riveted and drilled into the stock pedals.
3) You know, that exhaust finisher rattling off was probably the best thing that happened to your exhaust... (Those things look dumb from the side and cheapen the exhaust, imo)
1) Yes, I properly cleaned the taillights. I did follow all the instructions included on how to apply the film, but something tells me nothing short of super glue would've held these on. I'm not willing to risk ruining a stock part for the sake of a $10-20 ebay item, so eff it...
2) I was under the impression that the pedal would attach in the same fashion as the clutch and brake, with brackets and bolts. I'm not willing to risk ruining a stock part for the sake of a $10-20 ebay item, so eff it...
3) Thanks for your opinion.

All of my mistakes were self-admittedly due to my own lack of research. But hey, at least I'm helping out the economy?
Old 02-02-2010
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea well technically your helping out the Chinese economy, sense your buying parts from there lol
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

Oh lord I can't imagine if these things were from China. These were all from the states (Kentucky and Cali). The only thing I get from China on ebay is screen protectors... bastards...
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

im guessing they were the the static cling type and not the adhesive rite. ebay is hit or miss i try to stay away from there.
Old 02-03-2010
Premium Member

1) Yes, I properly cleaned the taillights. I did follow all the instructions included on how to apply the film, but something tells me nothing short of super glue would've held these on. I'm not willing to risk ruining a stock part for the sake of a $10-20 ebay item, so eff it...
2) I was under the impression that the pedal would attach in the same fashion as the clutch and brake, with brackets and bolts. I'm not willing to risk ruining a stock part for the sake of a $10-20 ebay item, so eff it...
3) Thanks for your opinion.

All of my mistakes were self-admittedly due to my own lack of research. But hey, at least I'm helping out the economy?
Its all good. Live and learn right?
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Oh lord I can't imagine if these things were from China. These were all from the states (Kentucky and Cali). The only thing I get from China on ebay is screen protectors... bastards...
Just because you bought them from Cali or Kentucky doesnt mean they werent made in China..China stuff sucks *** look at Toyotas gas pedals..
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Just because you bought them from Cali or Kentucky doesnt mean they werent made in China..China stuff sucks *** look at Toyotas gas pedals..

true true... but they're at least paying taxes to ship from the states, right? no? damn it.... prepare for invasion

my bottom line is that if I buy something on ebay I'm basically taking a 10% chance that it will be exactly what is described and expected. I'm a total impulse buyer when it comes to ebay because I never spend more than $20.

Headlights, taillights (or any lights from ebay) I've heard are best to be resealed and then a layer of protectant applied...

Grills I'm pretty sure are all the same material and manufacturing so I've heard you're safe there...

Otherwise be prepared with everything you buy to make SOME modification, always pay with a credit card or through paypal (or both) so you can dispute the transaction if needed, contact and research (everyone will help out)... there's more but I can't think of it all.
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Yea I feel ya man.. ebay is usually risky..last pair of foglights I bought didnt even fit in the bumper properly they were just an ok fit..I was always considering a black mesh grill.. but I am scared it will fit like ****..
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

not to mention you cant always go by seller feed back i got a major headache when i bought my VIS hood from a seller with 100 percent feedback never shipped it lied about who they shipped it threw wrong tracking numbers then they said it was delivered to the wrong house so everything started over but i finally got it over a month later and 40 dollers spent calling them long distance and then the hood was warped i just got a headache thinking about that.