7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New exhaust installed-Rumbling noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warzbird is an unknown quantity at this point
New exhaust installed-Rumbling noise

I installed a Tsudo N1 on my 01 ex..When i'm in"drive" at a light, it rumbles like the sound of a helicopter lol... But it doesn't really do it in Park or neutral..I have the silencer still in, Could this be back pressure?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New exhaust installed-Rumbling noise

i bet its the pipe vibrating on the car body, or muffler tip hitting the bumper. most aftermarket exhaust do it cause of the larger pipe size. in neutral, it wont move as much so less vibrations.
Old 11-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i also have the tsudo n1 there are a couple fitment problems first one is were the middle flange hits the heat shield but thats a easy fix you just cut that little section out the other point is were the down pipe bends it hits the sub frame and shakes the car it gets really bad in the rain. last one is the hangers on the muffler are off which causes the muffler to make contact with the bumper and melts it but thats another easy fix just heat them up and bendem to fit rite anotheroptionwould be to buy stiffer rubber hangers i believe energy suspension makes polyurathane ones.
Old 11-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yea i had the same problem with my tsudo exhaust. it took me 2 min to fix. get under the car on the passenger side and you will see where 2 of the pipes come together underneath a heatshield. just take tin snips and snip out the edge of the heat shield right where the flange taps on both sides of the heatshield. it will eliminate the problem completely until you get a very snowy or rainy day, you might get the odd rattle here and there but it should fix the problem.
Old 11-11-2009
Registered!!

Warzbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help guys
Old 03-16-2010
Registered!!

space_eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I have that problem too, bought car with magnaflow exhaust, 2.25" piping and my exhaust rubs against my front sway bar in rainy weather and puddles... is killing me by being so annoying, but i don't know what I should do about it, go to an exhaust shop and have an extra bend?
Old 03-20-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

why when it rains? i'm so baffled at this statement...
Old 03-20-2010
Registered!!

space_eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExistEvolution
why when it rains? i'm so baffled at this statement...
well raining or driving through puddles and such... the water cools the exhaust and causes it to flex, to begin with there is only 1/4" to 3/8" gap between my front sway bar and the exhaust. really starting to bug me...

I got new bushings for the sway bar, and thinking about getting new end links, maybe even a new sway bar (stock size or smaller?) because i took a hammer and gave it a bit of tapping to shove it over a little more and noticed some wear under the bushings...

I think the whole exhaust was swapped out previously but I can't find any photos of a stock exhaust, looked underneath and it looks like a complete magnaflow swap...
Old 03-20-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by unTuned
yea i had the same problem with my tsudo exhaust. it took me 2 min to fix. get under the car on the passenger side and you will see where 2 of the pipes come together underneath a heatshield. just take tin snips and snip out the edge of the heat shield right where the flange taps on both sides of the heatshield. it will eliminate the problem completely until you get a very snowy or rainy day, you might get the odd rattle here and there but it should fix the problem.
Hit the nail right on the head!!!
Old 03-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you can also use header wrap to cushion the impact were ever it is hitting.