7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

04 Civic Sedan Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxProjectMugenx is an unknown quantity at this point
04 Civic Sedan Speakers

Hey guys, well my speakers in my 04 civic sedan lx died on me and now i need to buy new speakers. The speakers in my car are 6 1/2 (all around). Now I was asking what kind of set up u guys have, whats recommended. Also i was wondering is it worth to make were my back speakers go to make the hole bigger to fit a 6x9. I need some ideas guys please!!
Old 11-03-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 04 Civic Sedan Speakers

stick with 6.5 all around. sounds better. i have infinity reference speakers from 7 yrs ago and they still sound great. very crisp and nice. if you have the factory radio, i would stick with a lower RMS watt speaker like pioneer (around 30w, instead of 60w infinity). walmart has some really good pioneer 6.5 inch speakers for $40 a pair. if you want infinity, carmedia1.com has the best prices.
Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i recommend MOREL,FOCAL,MB QUART,DIAMOND AUDIO, in that particular order . i use MB QUART.
Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

i bet you can get these for a good price if youre an ebayer: http://cgi.ebay.com/Infinity-Kappa-6...item45eef3ef0e

there are a lot on there up for auction that you could easily get for probably 40-50$. just search 'infinity 6.5'
Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would never by speakers from ebay there most likely chinese knock offs unless you can confirm that there a licensed dealer. can you tell the chinese ebay from the legitimate focals ???.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-13-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

Well i was wondering if alpines were any good?? So do not do any cutting then. and I also changed my deck to a Jenson flip out tv!
Old 11-03-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

alpine is good too yes
Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yes, if youre a good ebayer, its actually very easy to tell whats real and what isnt. also, youd be surprised at how many online companies that have websites also have ebay stores that they sell the exact same products in for cheaper. they know that if they sell on ebay they will get more customers, so they make up for the cheaper product price that way. also, when they come in the infinity box with a number and all the paperwork, you also know. not to mention the most important thing of all - how they sound. to be totally honest, only dumb people get ripped off by ebay in my opinion.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

you don't think they put legitimate looking paperwork in the box also good knock offs are identical to the real ones and the only way to know is the sound quality but buy then its already to late.
Old 11-04-2009
Premium Member

i agree, in fact sometimes its impossible to tell the difference unless you start using it and wonder why there is so much static and humming lol
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

lol it sounds like your speaking from experience.but to get back on topic if your on a budget then alpine speakers are a decent choice they make really good amps i use there V-power for my mid range and highs.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-04-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

if i bought speakers that had an RMS of 80w could that mess up my unit!! I was looking to get Alpines Types-s all around match with my Audiovox 1510DTV? Need ideas!!
Old 11-04-2009
Premium Member

it will more likely mess up the speakers because they are underpowered (and they will sound terrible). stock stereo barely puts out 5-10w rms per channel. aftermarket decks are more like 18-22w. you need to give the speakers at least 1/2, if not 3/4 of their rms power rating. so for 60w rms speakers, you need an external amp pushing around 30-50w rms per channel. if you dont want an external amp, then you need to get speakers with lower power handling.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

ok ur saying there just going to sound a little terrible, there wont be any damage to my deck or the speakers then??
Old 11-04-2009
Premium Member

i said there WILL be damage to the speakers, because they are being underpowered. and you will not have much bass. the deck will be just fine. it puts out the same amount of power regardless of the speakers connected.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

so either go with speakers with less bass or get an amp to go with the new ones basically??
Old 11-04-2009
Premium Member

yeah if you dont want an amp, get speakers with lower rms power handling like 30w.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

so me getting the alpines type-s would be worse then?? even though my deck pump's 18watts
Old 11-05-2009
Premium Member

yeah they will not get enough power to perform properly