7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cold air or short ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03civicexR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cold air or short ram

there was a whole test on aftermarket intakes. the less bends the more air to the engine. my friends em2 has a aem cai and it has retarded bends. i bought the injen sri and its awesome. we both have the same header-backs and i pull on him badly by almost 3 cars lol.
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

flip_d2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eMVe
flip: you can get an no-name ebay SRI for $10 + shipping and an AEM dryflow filter for $45-55 online or at a local parts store
hey emve, still new at modifying engines. lol so not really sure what to get first.
anyone have threads on 1st stage modification? easy DIY mods?
Old 02-03-2010
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

uh there is a whole section for DIY
Old 02-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 03civicexR
there was a whole test on aftermarket intakes. the less bends the more air to the engine. my friends em2 has a aem cai and it has retarded bends. i bought the injen sri and its awesome. we both have the same header-backs and i pull on him badly by almost 3 cars lol.
if you pull on him by almost 3 cars, it has nothing to do with the intake. its either:

A) he is an extremely shitty driver
B) your car runs much better than his
C) a combination of the above

in a large engine or a highly tuneable engine, the route the air takes (using straight bends, curves, or lines) makes a slight difference. in a d17 it makes absolutely 0 difference. you can have the intake pipe doing 3 loops before it gets to the TB and it wont change anything. its silly to think buying a 300$ new system compared to someones old 100$ used aem system makes a difference.
Old 02-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

Originally Posted by flip_d2k
Living in Vancouver, BC... and it rains quiet alot... Short or Long?
I got 01 Civic coupe with a stock engine. What should my first Mod be? Intake? what kind?
and what does intake do?
get a SRI not a CAI. in some cars you see a slight difference in power from a CAI but you will never see that in a d17 engine. by having a SRI you will have easy access to it (cleaning the filter, changing the filter, removing it for access, etc etc) so you may as well go with the SRI. they are generally slightly cheaper, and they are also much safer when it comes to water getting inside. especially living in van where theres a lot of rain.