7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Buy 04 Gauge Cluster...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newjd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy 04 Gauge Cluster...

So after searching I know how to swap my 04 coupe cluster (amber) to the sedan cluster (blue) and which exact one to look for. Now the only problem is I can't find the exact one I need. Ebay...I can't find the exact specifications for the cluster I need. All these other no name websites off of Google haven't sent me an e-mail back with what I've requested. My local junkyard doesn't have any. So does anyone know where I can get the gauge cluster I'm looking for?

I need a 2004 Honda Civic LX; Sedan; North America Built; w/ side air bags; Manual Transmission gauge cluster in order to swap my coupe amber instruments gauges.

Appreciate any help...
Old 09-14-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Buy 04 Gauge Cluster...

manual clusters are rare and hard to find. i had a hard time finding mine so when i found one 20 miles from me i jumped on it.

yea the autos are dime a dozen but the manuals are very hard to find.

P.S. took me 1.5 years to find mine.
Old 09-14-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oh haha good luck finding a manual. the auto will work but it has the gear strip. just keep searching ebay. it took me a long time to find one with my current mileage but eventually i found it.
Old 09-15-2009
Registered!!

Newjd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh...that's terrible....well i'll keep searching...if you guys find one please let me know and help me out by just keeping your eyes open for one...thanks....
Old 09-16-2009
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Just keep searching ebay and be willing to pay like 75 for one, it shouldn't take you too long. I found my 04 red cluster in about a month of looking. Just came up on ebay one day. You might also post up a WTT add. Someone may have a red civic that wants the red cluster and will swap you.
Old 09-16-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

took me a couple years to find one with the same mileage lol
Old 09-17-2009
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not quite as picky as you are about the mileage. Mine is only 1500 miles off and I wrote the mileages down in my owners manual when I did it... so meh.. works for me.
Old 09-17-2009
Premium Member

yeah close enough, i wouldve been happy with 10k difference. but since i had 02 and most of these new clusters have such low miles, it was hard to find one that had "excessive miles" to match my car.
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

jose_calderon is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i found this

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Speedometer-Head-...d=p3286.c0.m14

im just wondering if this will work on my 02 civic 4dr 5 speed dx ....i just need it primarly for the revs i dont mind having the auto strip
Old 10-01-2009
Premium Member

um i have no idea where that cluster belongs but its not on a civic. if all you want is a tach on a cluster that will plug in without modifications, search for an 01-02 EX or LX cluster. remember the backlight is green for sedans and orange for coupes. post a pic and i can tell you all the details about it.
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

Hmm... yeah that cluster is definitely not from a honda. Looks almost like a 993 porsche cluster. It would look pretty cool if you could make a bezel to fit around it though.
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

wow u guys are actually honda gurus thats sooo siikkk

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=230341774073

i also found this one will that work if it woudl that would be amaziiinng
Old 10-02-2009
Registered!!

wallydude03 will become famous soon enough

I have a 2002 lx automatic gauge with 57K miles if u want it. Its from a coupe without side airbags. Let me know if u want it
Old 10-02-2009
Registered!!

would it fit on a 2002 civic dx 5 speed ?? and how much for it shipped to canada thanks
Old 10-02-2009
Premium Member

yeah buy his cluster, it will plug right in and have orange light at night. the previous white one you posted will not fit, its from the civic si and has completely different connectors, wiring, and shape.
Old 03-04-2010
Registered!!

paulhonda is an unknown quantity at this point

2001 honda civic lx-g cluster connector(green) diagram please. i tried swapping cluster 01 to 03. but i didn't work out. i put the original one back in. now stereo doesn't work, kmph needle doesn't work, keyless entry and power locks don't work at all. can anyone help?
Old 03-04-2010
Registered!!

paulhonda is an unknown quantity at this point

2001 honda civic lx-g cluster connector(green)pics plz.
Old 03-05-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

if you're worried about the mileage off there are places that your local dmv can refer you to authorized shops that can adjust it to the right mileage.
i had it done for my 93 civic when my speedo malfunctioned and i had to replace it with a new one, and that model had the odometer attached to it.
Old 03-06-2010
Premium Member

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...faq-video.html
Old 05-14-2011
Registered!!

EJkent777 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you guys cover a lot of info and yes i mean a lot, to0 much and i just dont wanna seem dumb or anything ....but I have a 01 civic Sdn LX from Can And i Found 2 Cluster's the 1st is From A 04 civic Sdn Lx.. 2nd 04 civic Sdn Ex...dnt know the origin ooh and all the clusters are from a CIVIC automatic... I basically wanted to know if its going to be plug and play...

Last edited by EJkent777; 05-14-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2011
Premium Member

it will plug in but nothing will work. pins need to be rewired. also the mileage on the new cluster will be different.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...faq-video.html
Old 05-14-2011
Electronics Guru

Alpheus should not be trustedAlpheus should not be trusted

I found a couple of clusters back in the day using this.

www.car-part.com
Old 05-15-2011
Registered!!

EJkent777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Buy 04 Gauge Cluster...

Originally Posted by gearbox
it will plug in but nothing will work. pins need to be rewired. also the mileage on the new cluster will be different.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...faq-video.html

SO IM JUST USING THIS DIOGRAM TO CHANGE THE GREEN AND BLUE PINS AROUND FROM THE TWO CONNECTORs THATS ALREADY COMING FROM THE CAR? meaning im just putting the blue one where the green one is and vise-v.....