7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rotors/Brakes/Pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomj333_EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rotors/Brakes/Pads

Hey,

Ok guys a serious thread now, so my discs/pads have completly gone now i was looking at some EBC discs and pads but this is gonna set me back £400 for front and rear dark diamond disks and green stuff pads.

What i wanna know is can i get a big brake kit or cheaper better rotors? in the uk i've done some serious searching on google and all sorts of websites but the UK as you should know is **** for EM2 parts i mean hell they dont even sell the 2003-2005 model over here.

Anyway any help would be appcriated

Tom
Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rotors/Brakes/Pads

Do you have upgraded rims? If not, the big brake kit won't fit on your stock rims. Brembo blanks rotors and whatever pads whether they be EBC or Hawk, will be a great setup.

http://www.truehonda.com/
Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Do you have upgraded rims? If not, the big brake kit won't fit on your stock rims. Brembo blanks rotors and whatever pads whether they be EBC or Hawk, will be a great setup.

http://www.truehonda.com/
Yes i've been on TrueHonda, but i cant find out if the ship internation shed any light on this?
Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I would call and ask I don't see why not they normally ship via fed ex. If you call in 45 mins they should be available to talk to I know the UK is about 5 hours ahead.
Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

I would call and ask I don't see why not they normally ship via fed ex. If you call in 45 mins they should be available to talk to I know the UK is about 5 hours ahead.
ok thanks much apprciated, just got some new alloys so fitment wont be an issue, thanks again
Old 08-25-2009
Registered!!

Well i emailed them but they have yet to reply?? anyone know of anywere else?
Old 08-25-2009
Registered!!

Dezod but the prices won't be cheap . www.dezod.com
Old 08-25-2009
Registered!!

i know i've been on there before, i should start my own section in the uk just doing 7th gen lol

anyways only place i found to do stuff here is Deamon-Tweeks (EBC Dark Diamond Discs)

What ya think? worth the cash?
Old 08-25-2009
Registered!!

I would honestly stay away from cross drilled/slotted rotors and just stick to blank rotors or slotted. Over hear in the US the cheap rotors tend to warp rather easily and I doubt our civics generate so much heat to reap the benefits from cross drilled/slotted setup. If you think it's good quality and you have the "quid" I say go for it. I'll continue to look for some reliable vendors you can purchase from. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

I would honestly stay away from cross drilled/slotted rotors and just stick to blank rotors or slotted. Over hear in the US the cheap rotors tend to warp rather easily and I doubt our civics generate so much heat to reap the benefits from cross drilled/slotted setup. If you think it's good quality and you have the "quid" I say go for it. I'll continue to look for some reliable vendors you can purchase from. Good luck!
Greatly apprciate the help, i wont be buying anything till this weekend so gives me and you a few days to source some good parts, feel free to suggest something.
I do rather like the idea of trueHonda's big brake powerslot kit... but again i think im gonna have to phone them up later to see if they ship out.
As for those EBC dark Diamonds, over here they are the best brakes you can buy i will probably stick to just slotted rotors as there is no need for drilled... its just for show really.
Thanks again for your help.

Tom
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

Try this site give them a call to ask on shipping.
http://www.streetlevelperformance.com/index.aspx
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

Try this site give them a call to ask on shipping.
http://www.streetlevelperformance.com/index.aspx