7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help installing front grill!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ksaturn96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help installing front grill!!!

ok so i bought this grill http://c-modgrilles.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2492010 its a pretty weird looking one .. theres no bolts screws nuts anything.. the site does say may need modifications ... i dunno just confused on how to put it on . o yea i also got a body kit so it makes it a little tough. help please asap
Old 06-20-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help installing front grill!!!

hmm usually its supposed to reuse the stock hardware. are there any holes in the grill on the back?
Old 06-20-2009
Registered!!

V84Lunch has a spectacular aura aboutV84Lunch has a spectacular aura about

Hmm.. I haven't installed an aftermarket grille, but I looked at the pic and I will try to help the best I can, picturing this in my mind.. The OEM grille is part of a black plastic shroud that goes over the radiator. If you pop your hood and look at it, there are 4 plastic clips that hold that piece to the framework of the car. Those same style clips hold the bottom of the grille to the front fascia. It's been quite awhile since I installed my bodykit, but I believe there are like 3 or 4 that snap the bottom of the grill to the fascia. If you crawl under the car and look up, what I'm saying will make a lot more sense.. (you may have to remove the air deflector to see this, I can't remember)

What you're going to have to do is unsnap the OEM assembly, position the black shroud on the new grille so everything lines up nice, mark and drill holes for the clips. Clip the shroud to the new grill and install it on the car. All that is left is to go underneath the car, mark and drill the new holes, and clip it all together. The holes on the bottom are going to be a little tougher and require more patience, but you don't want to shortcut this in lue of a 'quick and dirty' install.. Otherwise, it will probably flap around on the bottom, not to mention look pretty dirty..

Hope that helps!
Old 06-22-2009
Registered!!

civex03 is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks like a rip-off website to me. I'd be suprised if you even got the grill to install... Go grillcraft!!

Old 06-22-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well what I think would be the easiest way to install it is completly take off the front bumper. With the OEM grille taken off you should just be able to put it in place of the OEM one and if there's not any holes in the back side of the grille than you will probably have to drill some holes like Lunch said. Just make sure that it looks like its sitting right on the front of the bumper before you markup and start drilling holes or else you might end up making it crooked looking or something lol
Old 06-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

did you get it working?
Old 06-27-2009
Registered!!

V84Lunch has a spectacular aura aboutV84Lunch has a spectacular aura about

Yeah buddy, post up some pics! If you need some more help just let us know, I will help you anyway I can.