7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bryantiscool is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

Originally Posted by gearbox
they will, you just have to widen one of the bolt holes. three of the four fit perfectly. its a very easy swap and alot of people only use the three bolts. but its not hard to drill out the 4th one so it will line up. otherwise its in the wrong spot by just a lil bit. same for rsx seats (cloth or leather).
oh sorry i meant the rears
i already have the fronts in my car

Originally Posted by sniperscout
you dope....just text me stuff like this. I can help you put them in if you pick a set up
called!
Old 09-01-2008
Registered!!

Cristobal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Gearbox,

I posted this in another part of the forum and don't know if it's appropriate to re-post it here, but just in case:

My remote (battery OK) wouldn't unlock any doors but would make the lights flash and the horn beep as it should.

I replaced the driver side actuator and that solved the problem for the driver's side... but the rest of the doors still wouldn't unlock using the remote.

So I replaced the passenger side actuator. No change: the driver side lock opens with the remote but pressing the button a second time to unlock everything else has no effect. Also, using the door lock switch inside the car on the driver side door locks everything but only unlocks the driver side door.

I'd like to be able to unlock all the doors from outside using the remote, and from the inside using the switch on the door panel. Any suggestions as to what's wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks much....
Old 09-02-2008
Registered!!

Linch is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay Gearbox I have a question. I'm new to these forums so there might be a thread somewhere but, Where is a good, cheap place to buy car audio online?
Old 09-02-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

I've got a new question for you. 01 Lx sedan, I'm gonna buy 4 new 6.5's to replace stock. Any sugestions for speakers? I'm also trying to keep the plastic on the doors quite when I put it back on, any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest Infinity Kappas. Great sound quality and you can always amp them later.
Old 09-02-2008
Registered!!

mdn217 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gearbox, I am not sure if this has been asked, but how do u change the tweeters in my 2001 civic EX (coupe). I bought Polk db1001 25mm tweeters from circuit city to replace my OEMs.

THanks

Last edited by mdn217; 09-02-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2008
Registered!!

KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Linch
Okay Gearbox I have a question. I'm new to these forums so there might be a thread somewhere but, Where is a good, cheap place to buy car audio online?
www.crutchfield.com
Old 09-03-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

^crutchfield is far from cheap
their site is good as reference material but i wouldnt ever buy from them...way overpriced
Old 09-03-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniperscout
^crutchfield is far from cheap
their site is good as reference material but i wouldnt ever buy from them...way overpriced
Watch for a sale and you can keep the price down. Not super cheap, but cheap enough. You do get all the stuff you need to install for free which also saves you some money if you choose to go that direction.
Old 09-03-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

for replacing stock tweeters, i believe the corner panel just pops off once you take the door panel off. should be easy from there, but if you are only installing tweeters, things could get complicated. im not sure exactly how the stock tweeters are hooked, if the factory speaker has a crossover or not. i know aftermarket tweeter comes with builtin dampers for low frequency notes to save the tweeter. if you changed out the front speakers or are going to, i would recommend just getting components from the front which comes with a door woofer and tweeter in one package and a crossover to power them both. would be much easier.

good place for car audio, this place was really good a while back but havent checked it recently. their prices are usually $20 or more less than retail. www.carmedia1.com

for 6.5 speakers, im a big fan of infinity reference with amp. had mine over 5 yrs, even with some tears in the rubber and alot of dirt on them, they still sound great for entry level speakers. kappas i also heard good about if you want something louder. i would def get an amp for them tho. kappas dont run well without amp.

as for remote and door locks, it might be something simple like a fuse. when you unlock the door, can you hear any noise coming from passenger side area? if you do, something in the door might be sticking. or its possible the actuator you got is defective.
Old 09-03-2008
Registered!!

6stringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Gearbox, .....'08 4 dr Civic
The drivers side mirror was broken off, no damage to the sheet metal and I have a new mirror coming, can I install it by accessing the attachment points throught the hole covered by the black plastic plug in the front side of the door?
Thanks
Old 09-03-2008
Registered!!

firetyphoon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

heyy Gear got a question... I heard of this so called twister tornado thing whats it do?? supposed to fit in an intake heard about it before??
True or not? im a skeptic..............

http://www.tornadoair.com/
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

suhayb is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys, im new to the forum,
i just bought a Honda Civic (55 plate) 1.6 Sport. I wanted to upgrade the spoiler to the huge Type R spoiler however i do not want the hassle of getting it done proffesionally. Im usually good with DIY things and i think i can handle it myself with some guidance.

I can get the part from ebay and painted for around £100.
If anyone can give me a step by step guide or a link to another recourse on how to remove the existing spoiler and install the new one i'd be most gratefull.

Thanks guys!

PS. Woooooooooooooooo i love my Honda!
Old 09-08-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

-replacing side mirror is easy, it bolts to the car from the back of the plastic piece inside. on some car you can pop that piece off first, other car you might have to remove the door panel first. then you just unplug and unbolt the old one and swap the new on.

-tornado, come on man i hope its a joke lol. its a piece of metal that goes in the intake pipe and blocks airflow, causing worse performance and possibly better gas mileage because the engine will inject less fuel since some of the air is being blocked. if you suck it in the engine, well you know the rest.

-the problem with swapping spoilers is the bolt holes might not line up. alot of aftermarket have the holes in a different spot, so it wont be possible to change it unless you get a new trunk lid or get a body shop to fill the old holes and drill new ones. if they match up, its easy. just open the trunk and look for some nuts that are holding the spoiler on and remove those. if you take all of them off, and the spoiler is still stuck on, it may have double sided tape that you need to pull on carefully to remove.
Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

firetyphoon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

-replacing side mirror is easy, it bolts to the car from the back of the plastic piece inside. on some car you can pop that piece off first, other car you might have to remove the door panel first. then you just unplug and unbolt the old one and swap the new on.

-tornado, come on man i hope its a joke lol. its a piece of metal that goes in the intake pipe and blocks airflow, causing worse performance and possibly better gas mileage because the engine will inject less fuel since some of the air is being blocked. if you suck it in the engine, well you know the rest.

-the problem with swapping spoilers is the bolt holes might not line up. alot of aftermarket have the holes in a different spot, so it wont be possible to change it unless you get a new trunk lid or get a body shop to fill the old holes and drill new ones. if they match up, its easy. just open the trunk and look for some nuts that are holding the spoiler on and remove those. if you take all of them off, and the spoiler is still stuck on, it may have double sided tape that you need to pull on carefully to remove.
HAHA thanks cuz this kid at school was braggin that hes gettin that to improve air flow n **** but then i was wondering if it was true lol,chek pst sedan pics added few things...
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

laza0031 is an unknown quantity at this point

gearbox,

I just picked up a 91 civic hb with a b16y8 swap in it, it was a wiring nightmare the guy who had it before me had the v-tec on this taped up trigger that made me feel like an astronaut, the only other problem i have with the car other than the wiring is my transmission, it makes a grinding noise when i let off the clutch, the car sounds beautiful when it revs but when i'm in gear my tranny makes nasty noises, now i plan on replacing my whole tranny anyways unless i can fgure out what specifically is making that horrid noise.

my question is. will an ecu solve my v-tec mess?
is there an ecu I can buy that will make my v-tec run naturally?
when i put the dash in is it going to be a wiring mess?
and finally would it be better to sell the b16y8 and buy a stock 91 engine?

I like how it pulls and I like how it handles but if I'm going to have nightmares trying to figure out this engine it's not worth my time, I'm a student and I just love my civic i just want to get everything set up so i won't be out of luck when winter hits
Old 09-15-2008
Premium Member

im not too good with the older civics, but yeah a vtec ecu for the engine you have should work. but you will have to wire the vtec solenoid to the new ecu. i would say try to keep the better engine, but idk. what kind of wire problems are you talking about. just messy? replacing the ecu wont fix the stock harness wires. it just swaps in a new box.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

Just wanted to say to everyone, as a reminder, take care of your battery. Mine gave up on me today, just enough to not start otherwise fine. My neg terminal was super clean, my car didn't start so I took the pos off and had corrosion inside the connection, not visible unless the connector was off. I thought my starter went cause I could still activate the solinoid. Anyhow just keep this in mind.
Old 09-15-2008
Premium Member

yeah good info. both my terminals are open air and covered with 5 coats of connector protector spray lol, and tightened. and i just checked my battery fluid level after 4 months, it was barely above the plates so i added more distilled water to the top.
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

laza0031 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah it was all electrically taped and it was drawing power and sparking and just kind of gross and messy. I am just looking to make it as natural and professionally put together as i can, I don't need anything ghetto rigged and causing issues. the simpler the better.
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member

i wonder if you could get ahold of whole wire harnesses from the junkyard... i kinda doubt honda still sells em.
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

greenbay0405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gearbox, i know fog lights were mentioned earlier in this post.... just wanted to know what the best fog lights (price and quality) are on the market, that arne't unbearably hard to install (im all about diy, im just not too tech savvy). Somethin similar to yours would be cool... they look pretty sweet.
Old 09-18-2008
Premium Member

those can be found on ebay, they are the aftermarket bmw projector fogs and with some custom work, they will fit the oem trim pieces. oem fogs are pretty much a joke, barely lights up a few feet in front of the bumper. if you want better, you gotta go with the more expensive stuff from hella (microDE), or even the blazer brand projectors are pretty good. reflectors for the most part will not give good results. you want a projector with far and wide beam pattern.
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

EnvyX will become famous soon enough

blazer fogs ftw
gear why doesnt my old account work?

on a seperate note
i have a load metal on metal scraping noise coming from the rear over bumps
do i need new endlinks?
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

greenbay0405 is an unknown quantity at this point

those can be found on ebay, they are the aftermarket bmw projector fogs and with some custom work, they will fit the oem trim pieces. oem fogs are pretty much a joke, barely lights up a few feet in front of the bumper. if you want better, you gotta go with the more expensive stuff from hella (microDE), or even the blazer brand projectors are pretty good. reflectors for the most part will not give good results. you want a projector with far and wide beam pattern.
What type of "custom work" are we talkin'?
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

Seeing is how i can't get anyone to answer a post in the fix it forum. I'M REPOSTING in here. my tranny is stuck in reverse. i tried to force it out and the shifter moves up likes its in nuetral but not side to side. i call the dealer and they said to pull the cables off and see if they are binding which they aren't. what should i do and what could be the problem?
Old 09-19-2008
Premium Member

Envyx-that noise im not sure, could be alot of things, maybe the exhaust is touching the sway bar. is it just a creaking noise? you might try lubing the rear sway bushings. theres two of em.

greenbay-custom work for me was taking the old reflector fogs out, then reusing the few screws to mount the new projector assembly and shroud to the stock trim pieces. i used a drill and just put one screw on each side. then to keep it from rotating, i tied the top and bottom with wire. fairly simple but it works.

army-is it an auto or manual? auto may be a sensor problem. manual, could be any number of things. open up the shift housing and make sure you grease the shift lever, select lock pin, and the ends of the shift cable. also be sure the cable is sitting correctly in its bracket. check all the cotter pins too. this might be obvious, but is there enough trans fluid?
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

its a manual and i pulled the cables off and can't move the tranny selector by hand. i don't know how to check the tranny fluid in the manual.
Old 09-19-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hey gearbox, i love you....HAHAHAHA

btw, ur name is steve rite?
Old 09-19-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hey gear box, have you hear/used the NISSIAN OEM SEALER yet?

im planning to use it but i dont know if i needa order two or is one enough for both headlights???

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=5577

Quick Reply: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!