7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

05 civic fog light

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mgsjester is an unknown quantity at this point
05 civic fog light

Does the '05 Civic have OEM fog lights? Or am I just mixing it up with something else? I thought you could opt to get factory installed fog lights but I can't seem to find it. If it doesn't, can someone tell me where to buy nice looking fog lights for 05 Civic? Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

jlk16188 will become famous soon enoughjlk16188 will become famous soon enough
Re: 05 civic fog light

YES! I have an 05 EX SE with fogs. They fit in the little triangular grill sections on your bumper. I bought my car with eBay fog already installed and had major wiring problems from the previous owner and the crappy design had no beam what so ever. Please don't by cheapo fogs, you will regret it, they are really are just for show. If you want to actually be able to use your fogs like they are intended, buy OEM from Honda. You can get them from your local dealership or some places sell them online. Prices range from $150 to $300 usually. I got lucky and found a new OEM set on eBay for $100, just be very careful who you buy them from. If it says OEM style or JDM...stay away
Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

Okay thanks. Two more things...

1. I heard that usually fog lights come with an on and off switch? Is that correct? If it is, do I have to cut a hole or something in my dash and mount the switch?

2. If I buy a body kit, do most of the 04-05 Civic body kits have a space where I can mount the OEM fog lights?

Last edited by mgsjester; 02-03-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

1. dont get a body kit, noone makes a good one for any car, ever

2. get a lip kit instead, looks way better, and is removable for bad weather

3. yes, fog lights come with an on off switch, and yes ull prolly have to cut a hole somewhere in ur dash to mount it.

4. if u dont know how to wire it, dont, ur likely to do more damage than good

5. welcome to the site
Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

dj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enoughdj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enough

two main places to wire up your fogs is either the spot above the console near your cigarette lighter or the spot next to your cruise control. Either will work. I would make sure you get a good diagram before installing. Also some modification is pretty much required with all fogs
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

Okay thanks for the info. I'm afraid that I'll mess up my whole dash..does Honda do installations too? Or do they just sell the product? And what exactly is a lip kit? What's the difference between body kit and lip kit...I know what a body kit is but I've never heard of a lip kit..(you can tell that I'm new to cars...=/...)

greeen01civic4d..thanks for welcoming me.
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

yes, but they will rape you for a fog light install. if you are even remotely competent, the job should only take a couple hours. the stealership will charge you at least 100 bucks for their time, plus the cost of parts.
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

Thanks..I think I might just try to do it myself. Doesn't seem THAT hard..

Also, sorry about the lip kit vs body kit question...didn't do any research before asking it..I looked at a website..

lip kit - screw/bolt/put onto existing bumper
body kit - replace whole bumper

is this correct?
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

dj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enoughdj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enough

last time I checked at a honda dealership they wanted around 600 bucks because they would have to remove the front bumper to get the fogs installed. My buddy and me can take his bumper off in about less than a minute. Don't waste your time.
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

johny2392 is an unknown quantity at this point

the fog light install is fairly easy. you can do it yourself.
But remember to do it with care, as i had a bad experience with it. I was replacing the lights and was removing the old one, and by pressing them down i broke one of them. SO be carefull.

PS: You can also buy a set of fog lights and spend few more bucks and have them retrofitted with IS300 projectors with HIDs. They will look sick forsure.
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

mattmac10 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=6533

do you guys think these are legit , i dont know if this is considered the same quality as the ebay ones ?
Old 09-22-2010
Registered!!

NORMAN2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

those would work but i would make sure that website is legit. looks pretty sketchy it isn't accredited by the better business bureau. http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting-...04486-1-3.html try this site its where i got my fog lights
Old 09-22-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get the cheap replicas if you like to have fogs on all the time for looks. if you want a fog beam pattern that you can see then stick with honda, but then you usually wont be able to use em unless in bad weather with the headlights off. using them with headlights will put too much light in the foreground and make it hard to see in the distance where you need to.
Old 09-22-2010
Registered!!

sam68 is an unknown quantity at this point

X2 I have the cheap EBAY/JDM fogs and I like them because I can use them all the time, they dont throw off a ton of light + I also use them as daytime running lights.
Old 09-22-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats what im getting too in a few days, and i ordered some yellow coated H11 bulb for it.i just want the fog look without the light everywhere. i think they look a bit brighter than oem ones too since there is no glare shield. so makes it more visible to other drivers.
Old 09-22-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
thats what im getting too in a few days, and i ordered some yellow coated H11 bulb for it.i just want the fog look without the light everywhere. i think they look a bit brighter than oem ones too since there is no glare shield. so makes it more visible to other drivers.
They say great minds think alike
Old 09-22-2010
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Would it be hard to make them my DRL's? I want to get a set for my 05 civic lx sedan and use them to replace my DRL's. Or at the very least, just use them along with the DRL's. Would the wiring be hard if I were make them my DRL's?
Old 09-22-2010
Registered!!

So you want them to be on whenever your car is on or when your lights are on? With car on is easy just tap into a key on 12volt source like your cigarette lighter, I just went one step further and put a switch in between so I can have them on or off.
Old 09-22-2010
Premium Member

yeah you just switch the trigger source of the harness to something different. i have mine to the park lights. i had the cig lighter before but i would always forget em on. this way i know they go off with the park lights (i dont like having any lights on in the sun, and if its cloudy i just turn everything manually.
Old 09-23-2010
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Hmm I'm still a bit confused though. What I really want is them to replace my DRL's. In Canada it's illegal to drive without DRL's, and I love fog lights, so I figured I want to make them into my DRL's. So that they're on all the time. I think I remember reading somewhere before that the DRL's could easily be disabled with a fuse or something, so perhaps I could just disable the normal DRL's and have the fogs on all the time. I don't know yet though, it all depends on what's most simple because my skill level is pretty low. I've done some wiring before but just when I switched my speakers and radio (cutting, connecting, soldering, etc) so I'll probably just do whatever is most simple, and that's what I'm trying to figure out.
Old 09-23-2010
Premium Member

yeah you just pull out the drl fuses to turn off the old one. you need to figure out which wire from the switch is the lo volt trigger for the relay harness. this is very important because you cannot tap the fog lights directly to a power source. after you find the trigger, you can tap it to the ignition wire under the steering wheel and the lights will turn on every time you start the car.
Old 09-23-2010
Sedans > Coupes

Ahh thank you. I'll look for a DIY on how to do that for the fog lights. Thanks
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Spac is an unknown quantity at this point

Just did the exact same thing. I installed the cheap ebay foglights on the car and made them my DRL's. Using power from the cig lighter with a switch in-between just in case, to a relay keeps the Fogs/DRL's on all the time. Pulled the 2 fuses to kill the factory DRL's (Have a retro, didn't want them anyways) and off we go with a very unique looking Civic with DRL's on the fogs. No one else here has a civic that looks like this...

If you want to get really fancy, you can use another relay and have them turn off automatically when you turn your lights on...
Old 09-30-2010
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by ****
Just did the exact same thing. I installed the cheap ebay foglights on the car and made them my DRL's. Using power from the cig lighter with a switch in-between just in case, to a relay keeps the Fogs/DRL's on all the time. Pulled the 2 fuses to kill the factory DRL's (Have a retro, didn't want them anyways) and off we go with a very unique looking Civic with DRL's on the fogs. No one else here has a civic that looks like this...

If you want to get really fancy, you can use another relay and have them turn off automatically when you turn your lights on...

That sounds like exactly what I want Next spring I'll do this.
Old 09-30-2010
Premium Member

be careful which ebay fogs you get. my pair i threw away because the chrome was nearly two different colors. one side was very bright but the other side was almost smoked. it looked terrible on the car and i went back to oem fogs. these are the cheapest ebay fogs and had a flat glass lens. now there is also another civic ebay fog i got previously for my brothers rsx (his rsx ebay fogs completely turned black inside, burnt the chrome). these civic fogs had a lip around the glass lens and the chrome seemed to match each other. also the chrome hasnt burnt on his yet so they are superior to the rsx ebay fog. you can see the lip lens in most of the ebay pics so choose those over the flat ones.
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Spac is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't got a pic of the new setup yet. Will post one as soon as I do though.

Really happy with the way it looks and have had good luck with the ebay gogs so far. Look good and no issues with the chrome peeling or looking like hell as of yet.