7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New Stage 1 CC

Old 03-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B1zZ is an unknown quantity at this point
New Stage 1 CC

ordered a stage 1 CC from dezod thurs got my clutch in yesterday, trying to find a mechanic that will take it tonight and get it in by tmmrw for around 500$. My mechanic will take it thurs till fri afternoon for 400$ but i need my car to drive my fiance to work n ****, so i need it done asap cuz it barely even catching in first
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CCStage1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	87529  
Old 03-03-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Stage 1 CC

$500 plus a case of beer..... I've got some free time right now, the ol lady is out for a minute.....
When can you drop it off here? If you get here in the next 30 min I can probably have it in by midnight. Imma be b1zzy the rest of the week tho, gotsta be tonight.
Old 03-03-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not telling us where you are, surely does help a lot...
Old 03-05-2015
Registered!!

**** sorry buddy i prob wouldve if u were close enough, im in the boston area, i dropped it off this morning, i threw the main mechanic a few extra dollars to get it done by tmmrw afternoon. im pretty pumped tho never driven a car with anything but oem clutch...... i am going to need a stage 1 cam throwin in soon tho
Old 03-07-2015
Registered!!

So the clutch is installed, i stalled out 4 times trying to leave the garage haha. Im used to it now n i ****in love it, it engages so strong its crazy. my boy has a 2009 si k20a z3, n he **** a brick n how much stronger it made my car feel compared to before. Ill update u guys over the break in period but so far so good.
Old 03-07-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yeah, since you already had it, did not feel it would be any good to tell you your left foot would need to be f****ing strong to make it disengage the clutch... but would be worth nothing if you did not have any power mods or do some *real* racing wheel-to-wheel the track (not in the roads, please...)
I do have a stage 1 myself, but it's gone from the harsh understeer in autoX with a setup that was not well thought of...
Old 03-07-2015
Registered!!

Yea its defenitley a whole lot stiffer, but i am happy i got it. Im hard on the clutch anyways cause im an aggressive driver, i dont race at all yet but im planning on looking into it. Clutch was gone anyways its not like i pulled a nice stock 1 to throw a stage 1 in for no reason. I have a little bit of money thats going to the car. Im just not to sure in what i want to invest into.
Old 03-07-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sorry to tell you, but the bump in power from the stage 1 is nowhere close to what the stage 1 clutch can handle the stock clutch would handle it fine

but again, it's done, so enjoy what you have - if you wish so, you could get more and it can handle
don't ask me about how much, i am at the stage 1 cam

right now driving a passat turbo tsi for 3 weeks and thinking it have too much power and weird engagement during harsh corners, even if it grips more tha the civic - it's a rental, so...)
Old 03-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by B1zZ
Clutch was gone anyways its not like i pulled a nice stock 1 to throw a stage 1 in for no reason.
but.....a stock clutch would likely last you a lot longer,

the stock clutch in these cars can easily handle any performance mods you may be thinking about, unless your talking major crap like NOS or supercharger,

i just dont see the point in so called "upgrades" like this,

i guess i kind of equate something like this to those guys who mount a big huge tachometer on the dashboard....other than making you "feel cool", what does it do that the stock one could not?
Old 03-08-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikey1
i just dont see the point in so called "upgrades" like this,

those guys who mount a big huge tachometer on the dashboard..
All the cool kids are doing it.
Old 03-09-2015
Registered!!

yea i guess thats what it is. huh never thought about it, also i was under the impression it would laster longer than a stock and that was one of my reasons other than i am modding it further and figured why have to go down there again..... sdaidoji i was planning on thowing a stage one in, i have around 1400$ im putting into the car, stage 1 crower cam, dc sports race header, injen cold air, puts me around a 1000 and the only thing i cant put in is the cam
Old 03-09-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sorry,the only substantial gains in power a EX (mind the model) can gain with bolt-ons is the cam, around 30-35 HP at the crank, which is a far cry from anything that would make a clutch cry... a stock one could handle that level...

now, the big queston - you do have a ES2 - can't remember, but is it a VTEC engine in there? otherwise, the stage 1 cam works only for the VTEC engine. Can't remember if ES2 where VTEC or not... EX sedan 4 door?

edit: just looked in my on link sig... LOL to me!

ES2 - sedan EX VTEC
Old 03-14-2015
Registered!!

Lol yea i know the cam is really the only way to get anything out of the d17a2, and im planning on rebuilding the engine a little further down the line new spings valve retainers weisco pistons, im just not sure if i wanna boost or not. i think im staying n/a and just building the block....... so its been over the 500m break in and i have no complaints, ive experienced no problems with this clutch other than when i got it it engaged so harshly that when my dad went to drive it i warned him and he went to take off like a racecar and slammed it in ear and stalled it and when that happened it broke the front engine mount.... but i got it and the mail and threw that **** back on yesterday..... atleast its not a d17a lol

Last edited by B1zZ; 03-14-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2015
Registered!!

so im looking at some headers and it looks like they only sell 3 kinds for my car, megn racing 4-1 SS, DC sport ceramic 4-1, dc sport race header 4-2-1... i was going to go for the megan because of the SS and i heard that dcs welds dont have enough penetration, im also going to pick up the cai k&N typhoon... iim not sure on what i want for headers, there is such a slim ****in selection if anyone has any input on headers for this it would surely be appeciated

Last edited by B1zZ; 03-14-2015 at 03:25 PM.