7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Mugen sports pedal kits, compatible with EM2?

Old 02-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h4ldol is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mugen sports pedal kits, compatible with EM2?

Couldn't find much from searching about this kit (part#46545-XG5-K2S0) that a website says is compatible with the EM2 but on the Mugen website it doesn't show EM2 as being one of the compatible models for this kit.

https://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-22...al-kit-mt.aspx

I want to buy it but only if it's completely compatible so that it can be installed with absolutely no modifications needed.

Anyone have this one?

Old 02-09-2015
Registered!!

cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mugen sports pedal kits, compatible with EM2?

yes they fit, the gas pedal is a PITA to install though
Old 02-10-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cja3455
Thanks, I also read that about the gas pedal on a prelude forum but not really sure why, since it sounds like it just slips off. Is the issue just not being able to visualize the tab you have to unhook to remove the pad? Also, there was something about whether or not you should screw into the gas pedal because otherwise it does not have much to "grab" onto?
Old 02-10-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

but honestly save yourself $100 dollars and get these.
http://www.strutking.com/products/Ci...Pedal-Set.html
Old 02-10-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
but honestly save yourself $100 dollars and get these.
http://www.strutking.com/products/Ci...Pedal-Set.html
I already ordered the Mugen set from ebay for $150. Hope it's not a fake! I do like the foot rest on that set you linked though, I wish I could buy just that.
Old 02-10-2015
Registered!!

the easiest way is to install the gas pedal over the existing pad, and the tabs should hold fine without drilling into the pedal, just make sure the nuts are very tight on all four corners
Old 02-10-2015
Registered!!

the easiest way is to install the gas pedal over the existing pad, and the tabs should hold fine without drilling into the pedal, just make sure the nuts are very tight on all four corners
Thanks, I'll try that first. I took a look at my, now very old (12.5 years), pedals and the rubber pad on the clutch has actually more than half worn away so that the metal pedal is showing beneath. It looks like I'll need to scrape the remainder of the pads off since there doesn't seem to be enough (at least on the clutch) to simply pull off.
Old 02-11-2015
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ouch if the ebay seller is not a mugen certified dealer then there most likely going to be fake. strut king is a vendor on most honda forums and are 10% to 15% off for members. also im sure they would gladly sell you the foot rest alone if you contact them. spot the fake http://www.kingmotorsports.com/blog/...-XG5-K2S0.aspx

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-11-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2015
Registered!!

ouch if the ebay seller is not a mugen certified dealer then there most likely going to be fake. strut king is a vendor on most honda forums and are 10% to 15% off for members. also im sure they would gladly sell you the foot rest alone if you contact them. spot the fake http://www.kingmotorsports.com/blog/...-XG5-K2S0.aspx
Yep, I saw that on kingmotorsports' website and so I should be able to tell if it's a fake or not. I suspect it's real since it's sold by a seller who imports all sorts of Japanese things. In any case, Ebay has pretty good buyer protections so I'm not worried. It was supposed to be delivered today, but hasn't yet...
Old 02-12-2015
Registered!!

it doesn't matter if there not certified then your screwed ebay has good seller protection not buyer either way i hope you get the real thing.
Old 02-12-2015
Registered!!

Does the gas pedal actually have a pad that can be removed like the brake and clutch pedals? It seems like a bar with a plastic pad that if you removed would only leave a metal bar rather than an actual pedal to attach the new pedal cover to.

it doesn't matter if there not certified then your screwed ebay has good seller protection not buyer either way i hope you get the real thing.
Luckily, I'm pretty sure it's real. Looks just like the one on the king motor sports webpage.

I tried that but it seems impossible, partly due to the placement of the holes and the thickness of the pedal/pad.
Old 02-12-2015
Registered!!

you don't need to remove the pad, on some models the pedal come as one piece; the screws that come with the pedal are short because they assume you will remove it and drill, go to the hardware store and buy 4 longer machine screws, 4 nuts, and 4 like the one attached in the pic, and use the holes on the top and bottom of the pedal to secure it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	washer.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	87505  
Old 02-12-2015
Registered!!

here's mine installed like this a year ago, no problem whatsoever

Old 02-13-2015
Registered!!

you don't need to remove the pad, on some models the pedal come as one piece; the screws that come with the pedal are short because they assume you will remove it and drill, go to the hardware store and buy 4 longer machine screws, 4 nuts, and 4 like the one attached in the pic, and use the holes on the top and bottom of the pedal to secure it
I think that's the case with my Civic where there is no removeable pad (and none shows in the parts diagrams on online OEM parts shops whereas the clutch and brake pedals do have pads). I may try what you suggested in the future as I already screwed on the Mugen pedal cover to the rubbery plastic throttle pedal. It wasn't exactly satisfying to do it this way but it seems pretty securely attached.

here's mine installed like this a year ago, no problem whatsoever

Looks good! I wish the throttle pedal had a removeable cover because I don't really like the idea of attaching the new cover on top of the old cover.